Audax WA Region general information

Audax WA Region general information

Postby cavebear2 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:26 pm

Hi to all current / would be participants of Audax rides in WA. I'm the new Ride Coordinator for Audax WA Region.

I'll be getting this thread made sticky for posting a variety of advice on Audax style riding.
eg. where to find ride forms, how to join Audax, the procedures to follow for a ride organiser, information on food and hydration, how Audax works etc.

Just watch this space over the coming weeks.

You will of course, still see casual cyclist's regular posts promoting Audax WA rides. This thread won't replace those, it will endeavour to document a bunch of useful information in a convenient place to help prospective BNA people get on their Audax bikes.

Regards

Perry Raison
Last edited by cavebear2 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cavebear2

by BNA » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:38 pm

BNA

Re: Audax WA Region general information

Postby cavebear2 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:38 pm

Hi all,

Sorry about the delay in adding anything to this thread, 1 or 2 technical difficulties with my home computer or lack of it.

Just watch this space....

Regards

Perry
cavebear2

Postby cavebear2 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:27 pm

If you are organising an Audax ride in WA, here is a summary of some admin stuff you will need to know.

You will find the forms (and much more info.) required at the Audax admin information page here

Ride organisers should take particular note of Ride Organiser Guidelines
Prospective riders should look at the Rider Guidelines, Ride Rules and Lighting & Reflective Garment Requirements

Ride Organisers should:
Send out an email to prospective riders 1 week before with
1. Route Sheet (preferably Excel or similar format, set of instructions with information on intersection types, directions, road names and description and distances between each point)
2. Bikely link
3. Description from Audax events calendar

On the day need
1. Ride organiser's form filled out with known riders
2. Pens
3. Spare blank rider entry forms
4. Brevet Cards - blank (available from Ride Coordinator)
5. Currency for change

Other
Lighting check required if there is a reasonable likelihood of riders finishing after sunset. (Refer Lighting & Reflective Garment Requirements at the Audax administration information link - top link in this post)

Post Ride:
1. Ensure Brevet cards are completed (front and back)
2. Send completed brevet cards & ride organiser's form to Ride Coordinator (Currently Perry Raison)
3. Give collected Brevet fees and a copy of the ride organiser's form to Treasurer (Currently Ken Dupuy)
4. Post a ride report (preferably soft copy) and a copy of the route sheet to Audax Magazine Coordinator (Currently Tony Gillespie)
Last edited by cavebear2 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cavebear2

Postby cavebear2 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:15 pm

For Audax ride rules please refer to this site
Last edited by cavebear2 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
cavebear2

Postby cavebear2 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:19 am

The following is some advice that I recently offered when queried regarding the Dawn to Dusk 300km ride: (tbh 19/12/09)
mostly commonsense really. :roll:

This Audax ride is unsupported and as such you should carry all of your own spares (I would advise at least 2 spares tubes plus patches) and any supplemental energy foods that you may require.

The ride starts at Sunrise or 5:06AM.

To qualify for the Dawn to dusk award this ride must be completed to the 300km point (Midland Train Station) by 19:20. If you wish to gain the Dawn to Dusk series award you must also complete the D to D Winter and the D to D Spring which are to be held next year. (please refer to Audax Calender)

To achieve ACP homologation the ride must be completed in 20 hours or by 1:06AM on the 20th December.

If the weather is hot, I would advise that you should carry more than 2 bottles of water or preferably a hydration pack. Food and water can be had at each of the control points so you should bring enough money for this purpose. Audax rides such as this are typically ‘every rider for themselves’ type events however you may find someone that rides at your own pace and from time to time some groups of riders do ride together for all or part of the route.

If you have a Next G mobile handset it would be advisable to carry this also, in case of emergency, or to contact me on 0427 773 402.

The entry fees for members is $5 and $10 for non members.
cavebear2

Re: Audax WA Region general information **UPDATED 2/3/10**

Postby cavebear2 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:11 pm

Just to let everyone know, I finally have access to change the Audax Calendar - It's only taken about 4 or 5 months!
cavebear2

Postby cavebear2 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:14 pm

Audax Australia have a new website. Here is the new link. A bit more user friendly than the old...I'd be interested in hearing what you think.

Note: All previous links in this thread are now redundant.
cavebear2

Postby rolandp » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:11 am

You went down the Joomla path, nice. Are you aware that you can have smart URL's, rather than view=xxx,id=19,etc.

I wouldn't embed the forum into a frame, just get it to open up in a new window.

If you need any free advise on Joomla, PM me, and if I can help, will do. Make up for all the Audax rides I have not done this year.

Otherwise, site looks clean and fresh, so good job of getting it up.
rolandp

Postby Jezza75 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:29 am

cavebear2 wrote:Audax Australia have a new website. Here is the new link. A bit more user friendly than the old...I'd be interested in hearing what you think.

Note: All previous links in this thread are now redundant.

Nice change to the web site!
(I did notice a few spelling mistakes tho..)
Is anyone from Perth planning on doing the Alpine Classic in 2012? I would like to have a shot at one of the shorter versions (maybe the 140 kilometre some time soon and then have a try at the real one later.
But I'd be too scared to go there on my own..

Hills hurt but couches KILL!
Jezza75

Return to Western Australia