PSP-Cyclists critique of the infrastructure

archetuthus

Re: PSP-Cyclists critique of the infrastructure

Postby archetuthus » Thu May 05, 2016 1:31 pm

kellery82 wrote:
JonasPhoto wrote:Well, it's finally happening, 14 mths after first being reported and after 3 missed deadlines. The broken curb and sandbag at Hutton Street is being fixed. Careful what you wish for though, it seems they've commenced work by simply blocking off all paths in the area according to the BWA Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/BicyclingWA/ph ... permPage=1
Yep, had fun with this early this morning coming from the North and being greeted with a taped off ramp. I had to walk my bike through the sand and ride on the road to get to the other side of Hutton. These changes are all well and good, but some notice would have been nice and even with these improvements, this whole intersection will remain an obstacle course and a joke for cyclists!
hopefully theres no accidents there today. i too had to scoot across the sand and then ride along the bridge to re-join the path. hopefully its fixed by this evenings ride home.

nachoman

Postby nachoman » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:22 pm

Plenty of fresh spraypaint appeared yesterday on the Mitchell Fwy PSP around the Leederville bumpy bits (Britannia Rd to Loftus St). Another rider at work mentioned he saw the same up near Erindale Rd and Karrinyup Rd.

rolandp

Postby rolandp » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:41 pm

nachoman wrote:Plenty of fresh spraypaint appeared yesterday on the Mitchell Fwy PSP around the Leederville bumpy bits (Britannia Rd to Loftus St). Another rider at work mentioned he saw the same up near Erindale Rd and Karrinyup Rd.
For the Erindale Rd section, wouldn't it make more sense to start the new PSP on the other side of the freeway, DoT are still showing this as completion date June 2018, rather than spend money now fixing a section of PSP which won't be there in 18 months? Then again if the new section of PSP doesn't include a grade crossing wonder how many cyclists will use the existing route?

wellington_street

Postby wellington_street » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:18 pm

rolandp wrote:
nachoman wrote:Plenty of fresh spraypaint appeared yesterday on the Mitchell Fwy PSP around the Leederville bumpy bits (Britannia Rd to Loftus St). Another rider at work mentioned he saw the same up near Erindale Rd and Karrinyup Rd.
For the Erindale Rd section, wouldn't it make more sense to start the new PSP on the other side of the freeway, DoT are still showing this as completion date June 2018, rather than spend money now fixing a section of PSP which won't be there in 18 months? Then again if the new section of PSP doesn't include a grade crossing wonder how many cyclists will use the existing route?
AFAIK the designs for the new PSP use the existing traffic signals to cross Karrinyup Rd but that's no different to the current crossing and saves using Hertha Rd bridge

Wixxy

Postby Wixxy » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:37 pm

Arbuckle23

Postby Arbuckle23 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:12 pm

Reviving an old thread for a critique of Perth's paths from an interstate visitor.
You have it good, loved the paths while I was there.
Lot's of connections, signage was no too bad, although I did download a map to do a little study on where I wanted to go.
Thumbs up from me.

Retrobyte

Postby Retrobyte » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:40 pm

Arbuckle23 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:12 pm
Reviving an old thread for a critique of Perth's paths from an interstate visitor.
You have it good, loved the paths while I was there.
Lot's of connections, signage was no too bad, although I did download a map to do a little study on where I wanted to go.
Thumbs up from me.
As a regular visitor to Perth, I agree - the width of the paths in particular is tremendous compared to most Sydney shared paths.