Perth City Link Model Roadshow

rolandp

Perth City Link Model Roadshow

Postby rolandp » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:58 pm

Want to see what the Perth City Link will look like, then have a look at EPRA’s websitefor locations where the model will be on display? Can you see yourself riding through Perth’s new development, can you spot the cycling paths, if not, then contact EPRA to raise your concerns. Additional information on BTAWA's website.

ColinOldnCranky

Re: Perth City Link Model Roadshow

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:30 pm

I downloaded the pdf's from the webiste. They weren't very informative. They had lots of concept pics which all identified what each area would be named. "xxx Square", etc. But nothing like "looking from XXX facing north" or anything. And the buildings in the pics seemed to be random made up things mostly.

So, armed with them, I thought I'd check them out against the model being moved around Perth.

Then of course, the location of the roadshow was a little different than the web site said.

Then when I did get to it, there was just a big model, no other info, not even the web page (but you will gather that was no great loss anyway). The pics in the pdf files still didn't square up. No map indicating where such and such a square was going to be. And no forms or anything that I saw that indicated how you get to give them the feedback that this is supposed to be generating.

I did notice that the actuall perth station is not gonna be sunk. And infer that the activity of Perth will presumably move west from the Forrest Chase environs. Other than that, the roadshow is useless. Seriously useless.

After the effort of making a model and moving it around, it would have been so simple to make it informative. Like mapping the various precincts and parks. If it is named in the concept drawings it should be mapped.

(I have passed on my criticisms to EPRA.)
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle