It appears Mr Angrypants is back...

fingy

Re: It appears Mr Angrypants is back...

Postby fingy » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:34 pm

tterbw wrote:Anyone have a gopro helmet cam or similar? maybe some footage of this baboon is needed.
Is this him ?

roids

Postby roids » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:33 pm

He seems to roll through the narrows at 6-6:15 pretty much everyday.. on tuesday he took a swing at me and said he would leave tyre marks in my head!
he has a missing front tooth and was wearing a green helmet

scirocco

Postby scirocco » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:59 pm

I've been looking for him on the Narrows cause I'm northbound over there around 6am every morning but have not seen him for a while.

He has a wide range of threats it seems. Tyre marks in the head is a new one to me, the first time I met him he had a pistol in his pocket (according to him). Mostly fantasy I suspect. :)

Won't be long before it will be getting dark in the mornings and the oncoming bike lights in his eyes will stir up the voices in his head. :):)

GingaNinja

Postby GingaNinja » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:25 pm

I noticed a Mr Angrypants lately (latest this morning) around 7am, on south perth side of the Narrows shared path - south bound. He would keep an eye out behind, then pull off to the side and shout abuse at me as I passed. This mornings shouted rant was "Come on old man, get a move on!" was overly agressive but clearly he doesn't like people riding up behind him. Made me concerned for oncoming people and what they might endure (e.g. Do you have enough room, why settle at 2 when you can try 3 abreast!(AT)#$#).
He was around 5'9, black curly hair, bright green old style foam helmet, a dark coloured touring style bike (I think), 1 pannier on rear rack.

fixed

Postby fixed » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:48 pm

We're getting closer... The MO and description is pretty close to my experiences of this character, though for some reason I thought (one of?) his ride was lime green?
The bicycle is a curious vehicle. Its passenger is its engine.

GingaNinja

Postby GingaNinja » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:42 pm

I saw a character this morning 7.50am looking like the Mr Angrypants and was acting strangely, stopping and moving off the Kwinana PSP when a cyclist approached from behind him, which was pretty much every 5 seconds. He was carrying his bike beside the path, looking like a needy cyclist. So I asked him if he needed help - his reply was a simple calm "no". His bike was Lime Green mountain bike, no paniers though, so perhaps he has more than one bike or acquires them from his victims?

exadios

Postby exadios » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:33 pm

fab at forty wrote:yes she does, but the police don't exactly make it easy! She called them on the phone and was told she would have to do it in person at a police station - as i said when she went down she was told the process would take an hour and a half - not a particularly pleasant prospect with two pre school children in tow.

We did discuss this morning that she would call again and see what other action could be taken.
You can report it yourself. In fact you will probably need to give a statement irrespective of who reports it..

roller

Postby roller » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:17 am

this guy copped a mention in inside cover today.

exact same thing as i experienced with him a year-ish ago, tried to kick a girl in the head who was cycling in the other direction.

can't be long before he connects. :|
inflammatory statement or idea

fixed

Postby fixed » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:00 pm

I have put in a call to The West discuss with Mr Quekett.
edit addition only
14.00wst Mr Quekett is running the further information after I directed him to these pages on BNA. I urge anybody to bring their interctions with the offending character to the attention of Wa Police. Thankfully Inside Cover wont run it tomorrow, likely Monday.

U-Vox

Postby U-Vox » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:00 pm

Saw him last Monday and he rides up St. Georges Terrace, he then cycles in front of the BarQue/Hotel and crosses the walk bridge over the freeway. Saw him again a few days later but he was shouting at some unseen person/car. Both times at 645amish.....Lime Green crap MTB, scruffy etc...defo a mental issue

Felix56

Postby Felix56 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:55 pm

Saw him this morning on Narrows Bridge about 6:45. A rider passed me from behind quite safely but this upset this guy coming in the opposite direction. He let fly with a torrent of abuse from about 50 meters away then launched a kick at the guy as he passed. He had to come into our lane to do it. A complete nutter.

HLC

Postby HLC » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:16 pm

Think myself and 2 mates witnessed this guy today.

About 6.15-6.30 heading towards narrows from riverside drive, some clown swerving all over the path, nearly swerves into my mate as we pass him on our track bikes... He just blew up carrying on about brakes and as we turned off, he was still screaming and nearly ran off the road into a pole where that motorcyclist died. I couldn't stop laughing.

dougalh

Postby dougalh » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:58 pm

"Another encounter"
Once again I presume it was this same man were all talking about I happened to pass on the narrows bridge after a lap of the river.
I heard things like "Racing on the bike path" or something along those lines and a few obscenities.
Could it not be reported as being a public nuisance or something along those lines?

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:20 pm

For the first time that I was aware of I think I came across him this morning as I was nearing Perth.

About 6:45 as I was just arriving at the jet-ski grassed area. A few people heading south towards me and this guy looks over his right shoulder and shouts '$h1t". Nothing more. I hopped off and had a look and he continued for around 30 or 40 meters, pulled off on the river wall on the other other side of the path.

I noticed the green bike and a bit of green in the helmet which looks a good match for the video posted earlier. So if the video has identified him correctly then it was him.
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle

sagara0510

Postby sagara0510 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:54 am

going up spring st in the city this morning at about 6.30am and saw this guy walking his bike down the footpath towards mounts bay road.

he was shouting at the guy behind him (also walking his bike) to stop staring at his bike and then spontaneously decided to lift his bike up and do a roundhouse twirl into my path. i had to swerve right to get out of the way.

he wasn't even looking at me or talking to me. all the while he was shouting at this guy behind him to stop staring at his bike and to stop following him...

looked like a green colored bike of some sorts... crazy bugger

simonr23

Postby simonr23 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:24 pm

i'm not a fan of violence, but why hasnt anyone kicked his head in yet??? not necessarily anyone from here, but just some random person who doesnt take kindly to being threatened and attacked. from all these posts he doesnt appear to be adding ANYTHING to humanity.

fixed

Postby fixed » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:33 pm

Would anyone on this forum be willing to engage in non-violent direct action to locate, track and direct police to this individual?
Essential criteria are:
pacificism
bicycle
mobile phone with camera
one morning once a week
verbal ju jitsu should not be needed, there is to be no direct conflict

PM me

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:34 pm

simonr23 wrote:i'm not a fan of violence, but why hasnt anyone kicked his head in yet??? not necessarily anyone from here, but just some random person who doesnt take kindly to being threatened and attacked. from all these posts he doesnt appear to be adding ANYTHING to humanity.
so kicking the head in of someone who may have a mental illness will add something to humanity? :roll:

Andrew

exadios

Postby exadios » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:04 pm

Aushiker wrote:
simonr23 wrote:i'm not a fan of violence, but why hasnt anyone kicked his head in yet??? not necessarily anyone from here, but just some random person who doesnt take kindly to being threatened and attacked. from all these posts he doesnt appear to be adding ANYTHING to humanity.
so kicking the head in of someone who may have a mental illness will add something to humanity? :roll:

Andrew
+1

simonr23

Postby simonr23 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:29 pm

Probably not, and I wasnt coming from the angle of promoting it, I was questioning why it hadnt happened, based on the violence he has been giving.

The police either dont care, or havent been properly notified, I saw no reference to anyone getting health services(or relevant authority) involed either.

if this man is only acting this way due to a mental problem(so no conscious malice intended) then i would hope someone gets people that can help him involved.

if he is just a angry, mean person, get the police to sort him out. if they dont, and he attacked me, my mum, or partner, while i was around, i'd get involved and protect what is valuable to me. i'm a little runt of a person, and would likely come off worse for a physical encounter, but i believe in living freely and without fear.

Rex

Postby Rex » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:18 pm

Other than have a chat to him the Police won't do anything, which by the sounds of it will be totally ineffective.

Sounds like I miss this guy by about 30 minutes luckily.
My advice would be to avoid (if possible) and ignore.

simonr23 - I get what you're saying and it's a fair question. At that time of morning most normal people just want to get to their destination I guess

scirocco

Postby scirocco » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:09 pm

I have spent a little time in the past listening to this guy ranting at me and I believe from his manner that he has an intellectual disability and has limited intelligence. I don't believe he's drugged up or a normal person with a bad streak, but unfortunately his disability makes him act in an unpleasant manner which is 99% bluff and hides a quite easily scared person. I suspect he would crawl up in a ball and start crying if someone actually took him on. I feel a bit sorry for him.

Please bear in mind that there is no evidence that the actual assault incidents mentioned in this thread involve him. I have no doubt that the police must already be aware of him and if he was in the habit of carrying out his threats he wouldn’t be around. There is no justification for any physical action against him; just ignore him and be grateful you don’t have his problems.

Description is as mentioned earlier in the thread. 5’9” or so, European, medium build, mid 30s, dark hair, olive/tanned complexion, lime green MTB, usually in black bike shirt/shorts.

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:28 pm

fixed wrote:Would anyone on this forum be willing to engage in non-violent direct action to locate, track and direct police to this individual?
Essential criteria are:
pacificism
bicycle
mobile phone with camera
one morning once a week
verbal ju jitsu should not be needed, there is to be no direct conflict

PM me
As I was riding thru the Murray Street Mall around five-ish tonight when I hear a loud shouting from up front "Hey, I don't know this guy and he's following me. It was Angry with green bike and matching helmet detailing - being tailed by someone one a regular racing frame. They weave in and out and disappear. It reoccur twoce more over the next ten minutes I guess. Angry appearing from somewhere, weaving thru the peds and shouting to all. And followed not far back by the persistent chaser.

At one stage in response to Angry calling for help, the chaser retorted "well head to a police box then". To anyone familiar with our issues with Angry Pants it made perfect sense.

It looks like someone is taking up the suggestion and trying to attach an identity to Angry.

I should add that Angry did not look in the least bit threatening at the time. :mrgreen:
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle

fab at forty

Postby fab at forty » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:07 pm

there was apparently another angrypants incident this morning on Loftus st, around 7am - a suspicious looking character on a bike spat at a car driver after the driver beeped him, and then the driver got out of the car and they started yelling at each other. apparently the car driver realised he was on dangerous ground and got back in his car and drove off....

did anyone witness this?

hooman

Postby hooman » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:21 am

One of my staff was yelled at by a cyclist on a green mountain bike wearing black on Tuesday evening at the base of Jacob's Ladder. She was freaked out! She said she had seen him around on other days but this time he just got too close.
'09 Giant TCR C2 Shimano 105
'10 Cervelo RS Shimano Ultegra
'11 Time NXR Instinct SRAM RED Black
'12 Pinarello Dogma 2 Shimano DuraAce DI2