Counting down the days...

uMP2k

Postby uMP2k » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:09 pm

Double-Gee wrote:The new San Marco Rolls did an admirable job...
Ahhh that is what I like to hear. My San Marco Regal should be on its way from Europe as I type.
Double-Gee wrote:The Freeway Bike Hike is on Sunday 16th March 2008. Is that the next WA bike event?
"Mark this date in your diary as it is going to be a fantastic day with more than 7,000 participants expected! Double the amount of bikes that we had today!!!
Couldn't make to the Great bike ride this year, but will definately try to make the Freeway ride in March.

JB

Postby JB » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:50 pm

nimm wrote:Congrats on the ride fellas, i thoroughly enjoyed it and kinda nice with the overcast sky cause it didn't get too hot (although I was worried it was going to rain when I got up in the morning) :)

Who's with me on getting in the kms throughout 2008 and do the 106 next year?!
I was thinking the same thing - maybe I should joining a club or something to give me the motivation and source of expertise.

I took around 1 hr 30 to do the 53km but a little disappointed that I had to start in group S (my own fault).

I reckon the 2 laps would be good to do - but a bit of a 'mind game' the second time round - pity it can't be just 1 big circuit somehow...

Anyone heard good/bad/indifferent things about the 'Cyclo Sportif' club in Perth?

nimm

Postby nimm » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:19 pm

Andrew (aushiker) was mentioning cyclo sportif and maybe giving it a go. I wouldn't mind trying something like that or similar.
/ Giant OCR / Go Vegan /

JB

Postby JB » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:26 pm

I just had a look at their site.

I could be wrong but it looks like you'd have to pay your yearly subscription to get 1 months (Dec 2007) worth of membership b4 having to pay for 2008...

I might just send them an email to check it out anyways.

I'm keen as to get some kms under my belt before winter sets in again...

Cambo

Postby Cambo » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:06 pm

Moo,

You should see me when I'm not about to vomit!!

:lol:

JB

Postby JB » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:00 am

ok,
got a reply from Cyclo Sportif http://www.cyclosportif.com.au Presifent Paul Fiddes today - here it is slightly edited:

"You will shortly (within the next week) be able to join for 2008. This will cover you from the day you join until the end of 2008. We are in the final stages of setting our membership fee which includes a level of insurance with cycling Australia and Cycling WA. Keep your eye on the website for an announcement of membership in early December. See you at the events.

Paul Fiddes"

(President, Cyclo Sportif)

I think I'll join up as I'm keen to ramp up the km I'm riding on average.

Cheers,

John :roll:

PS - Just got a seperate email from info@bluechiptiming.com.au - they say the results for the GBR are being posted TODAY sometime... :o

Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Kalgrm » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:59 am

Just went to have a look at the cyclosportif web site. What a mess! They should have hired somebody to give them a layout for that front page. Oh well, at least it was a challenge trying to find the way into their web site - they don't make it easy, that's for sure .....

Cheers,
Graeme
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it ....

JB

Postby JB » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:15 am

Just what I was thinking - I'm a .Net Developer and do a bit of that for a crust... :roll:

Cambo

Postby Cambo » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:04 pm

I'm really keen to get involved in Cyclo Sportif. I have had my eye on it for a while but I was of the opinion that one had to enter as a part of a team. I ride solo, not by choice, I just have no mates that ride. Maybe we could consider getting together as a team??

In any case after Sunday's ride I am inspired to get riding as a part of a group or at the very least with another rider. I am in Thornlie and do most of my riding starting on Roe Highway so if anyone is anywhere near there and is keen to get together for a ride please let me know.

uMP2k

Postby uMP2k » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:33 pm

Cambo wrote:I'm really keen to get involved in Cyclo Sportif. I have had my eye on it for a while but I was of the opinion that one had to enter as a part of a team. I ride solo, not by choice, I just have no mates that ride. Maybe we could consider getting together as a team??

In any case after Sunday's ride I am inspired to get riding as a part of a group or at the very least with another rider. I am in Thornlie and do most of my riding starting on Roe Highway so if anyone is anywhere near there and is keen to get together for a ride please let me know.
Hi there - I am just off Roe Highway in Parkwood. It is a great bit of bike path, just a pity there is not one all the way along Tonkin highway as well.

I would certainly be interested in a ride sometime - although I should warn you that I am not the fastest rider in the pack. My bike far exceeds my skill and speed at this stage!

Cambo

Postby Cambo » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:37 pm

Sounds excellent. Considering I've been on my bike for a total of just over 500kms I don't think you have to worry about the pace.

I'll send you a PM to get in touch.

Everyone is welcome. The more the easier!!

JB

Postby JB » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:38 pm

I'm in Vic Park, not far (5min ride) from the South Perth BikeForce Shop and am also looking for a group.

I think the BikeForce shops do "casual" groups every Sat morning and Sunday morning - might be another option...

gsxrboy

Postby gsxrboy » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:43 pm

Keep in touch as I am pretty damn close to both of you as well. Probably ride past both your houses on the way into work! (Willetton)

JB

Postby JB » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:19 pm

do go down Berwick?

gsxrboy

Postby gsxrboy » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:27 pm

Naw sorry, I meant for the other guys, Cambo and uMP2k. Berwick Street might be a little out of my way !

JB

Postby JB » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:51 pm

no worries - having a blond moment with that question.... :oops:

PS - just heard that some pics are going to be up on the aussiesinaction.com.au site tonight.

gsxrboy

Postby gsxrboy » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:58 pm

It's probably that high average speed of yours forcing so much fresh air into your brain! You're all goofy like a puppy with it's head out of the window :P

nimm

Postby nimm » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:06 pm

I'm in Bull Creek - so sounds like we're all reasonably close.
/ Giant OCR / Go Vegan /