Bike shops Perth South

saron

Bike shops Perth South

Postby saron » Mon May 02, 2011 7:07 pm

I would like to pass on some positive feedback to 2 bike shops in Perths South for their prices compared to the internet.
Note I only went to these shops.
TBE at Willeton, I bought 2 Crossmark Lust for $52 a tyre which is a very good price compared with the net.
Ideal Cycles I bought some disc pads really cheap and a chainring.
I think from going to these shops that the LBS is trying really hard to compete with the internet prices.
Both shops had staff that were most helpful.

Cheers
Ron

Shifter

Re: Bike shops Perth South

Postby Shifter » Tue May 03, 2011 3:52 pm

Hey Ron,

TBE Willetton is my general LBS and the guys there are very useful and helpful whenever I've wandered through wanting gear or having a query. It's a good help for a tinkerer like myself.
2017 Norco Optic C9.2
2010 Malvern Star Oppy A4

rcmkII

Postby rcmkII » Tue May 03, 2011 4:24 pm

TBE Willetton is one of my locals. George's bike shop is just round the corner from them, and they're very helpful people as well. I tend to use TBE when I'm going to Bunnings (since they're right next door) or George's when I'm specifically out for bike parts.
Riding and writing my way to health and happiness.

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Tue May 03, 2011 6:51 pm

Glen Parker South, in Cannington - excellent group of guys.
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

HappyHumber

Postby HappyHumber » Tue May 03, 2011 7:05 pm

Whilst I wouldn't write them off, my experience with TBE has been a little too inconsistent in order for me to sing their praises. I think it's more a case of developing a rapport with the particular staff members you've had good experience with and trying to keep getting them each time you go in. It just takes one person to talk down to me, or not listen to what I am describing to put me off a place for a while. I've had consistently better service & advice I think from Georges around the corner in the 4 or so years since I first gave them a go over the TBE store.

That said, I did pick up some new Maxxis High Rollers for the MTB (AT) TBE afew months back. They were at close enough the same price as I was about to order them from Wiggle for at $30ea! Was quite pleasantly surprised to find them at least half regular local bricks & mortar retail price.
--
Hit me up via the BNA dm; I'll get an alert. If y'know, you know.