Perth weather

XIX
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:44 pm

Re: Perth weather

Postby XIX » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:32 pm

I bought some gloves from Pedal Mafia on friday and used on Saturday and didnt feel the cold at all. They are a knitted style with bits of metal thread in the tips for touch screens. A little slippery though.

owly
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:11 am
Location: Inglewood

Re: Perth weather

Postby owly » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:53 pm

Mububban wrote:
owly wrote:Full-silk glove liners do make quite a difference in my experience.


Anything specific you can recommend?


Had to source my Roeckl ones from Europe, though I do remember seeing some differing offerings through a couple of Australian outdoor clothing sites.
MUFC :twisted:

User avatar
Lizzy
Posts: 858
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:04 pm
Location: Wild West

Re: Perth weather

Postby Lizzy » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:15 pm

Well, Bunbury to be precise

... but how good was the weekend! I found myself with a day to kill in Funbury whilst BF was attending to work responsibilities, poor fella ... Could not transport my own bike down, so rented a big heavy comfy clunker through the Visitor Centre on a whim and spent the afternoon tooling around aimlessly. As a commuter I've realised lately I've kind of lost that knack for purposeless wandering, gosh it was nice ...
“Lexa”: 2012 Trek Lexa S; RIP “Bluey”: 2006 Trek 7.0FX - 2006-2018

owly
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:11 am
Location: Inglewood

Re: Perth weather

Postby owly » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:20 pm

Pretty nice weather out today. Rode around Whiteman Park again. If there's a track somewhere I'm heading down it! Kept an eye out for snakes, but didn't see any today.

Came back into Bellevue and noodled along the tracks following the water courses to Guildford.

Heading south tomorrow.
Edit: Sun. down to Mandurah again then back along the railway/reserves. Rode along some newer tracks I hadn't been down closer to Cockburn. Great to have the fairly strong southerly when turned around.

I will say, having a super stiff sole on the new shoes is great. Feel fresher at the end, though I do tend to overdo it a bit when I come across a hardcore roadie and can't help myself riding along with them for a stretch.
MUFC :twisted:

owly
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:11 am
Location: Inglewood

Re: Perth weather

Postby owly » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:55 pm

A bit humid this arvo. The seabreeze did eventually kick in but it was late.

Went down to Mandurah again and rode back along the tracks. Found some new ones I hadn`t been down before.

Lots of critters out today: a handful of tiger snakes, some kangaroos, bags of bobtails, one emu, one feral cat and a bandicoot. Nice day.
MUFC :twisted:

NASHIE
Posts: 696
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:16 pm
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Perth weather

Postby NASHIE » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:56 pm

owly wrote:A bit humid this arvo. The seabreeze did eventually kick in but it was late.

Went down to Mandurah again and rode back along the tracks. Found some new ones I hadn`t been down before.

Lots of critters out today: a handful of tiger snakes, some kangaroos, bags of bobtails, one emu, one feral cat and a bandicoot. Nice day.


Mate you tap out a few ks. Had a ride for pie out to Bakers Hill today with the x crew. Weather was just perfect.

billy70
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:30 am
Location: Perth

Re: Perth weather

Postby billy70 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:55 am

Perfect weather over the long weekend, Sat and Sun with ideal temperatures and no real wind!
Image

owly
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:11 am
Location: Inglewood

Re: Perth weather

Postby owly » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:07 am

NASHIE wrote:
owly wrote:A bit humid this arvo. The seabreeze did eventually kick in but it was late.

Went down to Mandurah again and rode back along the tracks. Found some new ones I hadn`t been down before.

Lots of critters out today: a handful of tiger snakes, some kangaroos, bags of bobtails, one emu, one feral cat and a bandicoot. Nice day.


Mate you tap out a few ks. Had a ride for pie out to Bakers Hill today with the x crew. Weather was just perfect.


Haven't popped in there for.....twenty years!
I keep hearing the truckies take all the good ones. True?
MUFC :twisted:

NASHIE
Posts: 696
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:16 pm
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Perth weather

Postby NASHIE » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:07 am

owly wrote:
NASHIE wrote:
owly wrote:A bit humid this arvo. The seabreeze did eventually kick in but it was late.

Went down to Mandurah again and rode back along the tracks. Found some new ones I hadn`t been down before.

Lots of critters out today: a handful of tiger snakes, some kangaroos, bags of bobtails, one emu, one feral cat and a bandicoot. Nice day.


Mate you tap out a few ks. Had a ride for pie out to Bakers Hill today with the x crew. Weather was just perfect.


Haven't popped in there for.....twenty years!
I keep hearing the truckies take all the good ones. True?


Nah plenty of pies etc. Bakers Hill pie shop awaits your return :wink: Best pies in WA. 140K return from Maylands Train station and just follow northern heritage trail.
Trail does disappear for a section (10k short of Bakers Hill) about 1km west of the intersection of Werribee and Hawke ave. So hit the road for the 1k to intersection turn left onto Hawke and then 30-40m turn right back onto rail trail just before Coates road.

owly
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:11 am
Location: Inglewood

Re: Perth weather

Postby owly » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:32 pm

Last few weekends been stringing together a mostly gravel/trail route from just east of Cockburn Gateway to the southern Bungendore Park entrance. Heaps of rabbits about. The valley through Bungendore takes you up to the dam.

The closer I get to the hills the more I've been getting hammered by the maggies. Good having the seabreeze on the return. Great weather this weekend.
MUFC :twisted:

User avatar
Mububban
Posts: 1598
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:19 pm

Re: Perth weather

Postby Mububban » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:25 pm

All this lovely weather and me being off the bike is killing me! Soon my precious, soon....
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

owly
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:11 am
Location: Inglewood

Re: Perth weather

Postby owly » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:53 am

Nice day for it yesterday. Headed out early south so I could catch the southerly on the return, which picked up quite a bit in the arvo. Felt sad for the riders heading north along the river PSP :(

Learnt my lesson to stay away from the big trees with the maggies (mostly east) so poked around a bit more; working my way south down to Karnup Rd. Went down some new tracks and some nice smooth rolling roads.

Thought I'd put up the recent Instagram account (redjemima), so anyone interested can get an idea of track conditions if you're into 'gravel'/mixed-riding within a day of Perth. Going to start putting up some routes soon also.
MUFC :twisted:

User avatar
BrownBike
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:33 pm
Location: Perth - Looking for a north-south route across the CBD

Re: Perth weather

Postby BrownBike » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:03 pm

Took the mudguards off the commuter last night. Just wish it was a little less blowy.

owly
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:11 am
Location: Inglewood

Re: Perth weather

Postby owly » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:46 pm

Didn't mind riding in a bit of rain today with the warmer temps. Was planning on coming back tonight but got spooked by frequent lightning strikes south of Mandurah, so headed for home early.

Some wildlife out today: One big goanna, two dugites, a baby kangaroo, a crazy waterbird and two kamikaze maggies.
MUFC :twisted:

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SoRCommute