Perth weather

sli123

Perth weather

Postby sli123 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:18 pm

Crikey! Been in Perth for 5 weeks and the weather has been mostly atrocious. What's going on? I thought it only rained once a year here :P

Clubagreenie

Re: Perth weather

Postby Clubagreenie » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:27 pm

you brought it with you :P
"My father touched me like that once. To this day, he still has to wear orthopedic shirts."

At the end of the day , it is the Indian , not the arrow .. so ride what you want

zues

Postby zues » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:28 pm

sli123, We need more rain my well is dry. :cry:
Go home- I think I hear your mum calling :wink:

Pushy

Postby Pushy » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:28 pm

sli123 wrote:Crikey! Been in Perth for 5 weeks and the weather has been mostly atrocious. What's going on? I thought it only rained once a year here :P
Thats right, once a year for 2 months :P
Les
06' Giant TCR C1
08' Colnago CLX
07' Apollo Swift

VW Jetta Diesel 5.5l/100km

sli123

Postby sli123 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:58 pm

zues wrote:sli123, We need more rain my well is dry. :cry:
Go home- I think I hear your mum calling :wink:
I am home! :wink:

I don't mind mind cycling in the wet if I have to (did 30km today in the pouring rain) but I'd prefer a dry ride if possible!

Looking forward to good weather so i can enjoy the great cycle/shared paths here.

C'mon sunshine!

Clubagreenie

Postby Clubagreenie » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:20 am

try riding in the monsoons ... then you know your wet
"My father touched me like that once. To this day, he still has to wear orthopedic shirts."

At the end of the day , it is the Indian , not the arrow .. so ride what you want

just4tehhalibut

Postby just4tehhalibut » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:05 am

So I was riding home last night past Bibra Lake, got caught in that electrical storm, bit wet, pretty gusty but still going to make it home. Just thinking about how the night before I was dodging bandicoots, tonight instead I'll have to wash frog out of my mudguard, lightning struck dead ahead of me, only a block away. I was looking right at it, got the blinding flash, saw my eyelids shut and saw blood red through them, opened and still got flash. Didn't care what they said after that, headed straight for the nearest tree, better than sitting on a steel frame out in the middle of the road below powerlines. This morning, another electrical storm overhead, caught the bus to work.

backslashio

Postby backslashio » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:58 am

Its quite fun & terrifying at the same time :P

I had to go to the shops this afternoon & even though it was a short 2min ride the wind made sure I wasn't going to go more than 5kmph anytime soon

jet-ski

Postby jet-ski » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:49 am

quit whinging! I am currently cycle-touring in the Rhine Basin and it has rained more here in 'summer' than it has in Perth in 'winter'....
Bike Friday New World Tourist, Schwinn Le Tour Sport, Giant TCR, Giant STP2, 9:zero:7 fattie

Karati

Postby Karati » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:19 pm

just4tehhalibut wrote:So I was riding home last night past Bibra Lake, got caught in that electrical storm, bit wet, pretty gusty but still going to make it home. Just thinking about how the night before I was dodging bandicoots, tonight instead I'll have to wash frog out of my mudguard, lightning struck dead ahead of me, only a block away. I was looking right at it, got the blinding flash, saw my eyelids shut and saw blood red through them, opened and still got flash. Didn't care what they said after that, headed straight for the nearest tree, better than sitting on a steel frame out in the middle of the road below powerlines. This morning, another electrical storm overhead, caught the bus to work.
So you got a fright from a bolt of lightning and though you would go and sit under a tree? The most dangerous place to be in a lightning storm!!

Better off out in the open...crouched down with feet together is you're that worried.

orbeas

Postby orbeas » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:32 pm

Karati wrote:
just4tehhalibut wrote:So I was riding home last night past Bibra Lake, got caught in that electrical storm, bit wet, pretty gusty but still going to make it home. Just thinking about how the night before I was dodging bandicoots, tonight instead I'll have to wash frog out of my mudguard, lightning struck dead ahead of me, only a block away. I was looking right at it, got the blinding flash, saw my eyelids shut and saw blood red through them, opened and still got flash. Didn't care what they said after that, headed straight for the nearest tree, better than sitting on a steel frame out in the middle of the road below powerlines. This morning, another electrical storm overhead, caught the bus to work.
So you got a fright from a bolt of lightning and though you would go and sit under a tree? The most dangerous place to be in a lightning storm!!

Better off out in the open...crouched down with feet together is you're that worried.
On a carbon fibber bike?? Ride it in lightning and find out if its conductive to lightining!!
Orbea Euskaltel:Ultegra,Durace,RS80
Orbea Erandio Hybrid

TimW

Postby TimW » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:36 pm

sli123 wrote:Crikey! Been in Perth for 5 weeks and the weather has been mostly atrocious. What's going on? I thought it only rained once a year here :P

Hey Stu , would you be annoyed if i said it's beautiful over here and I have managed 340 k's since Sunday?? :twisted: :D :D Cut short today though broke a rear spoke dammit :roll: :roll: :roll: .Hope it improves for you soon mate, we had 6 days of it last week.Tim

HappyHumber

Postby HappyHumber » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:01 pm

Softies... I still managed to do the Railway Reserve trail last night...
--
Hit me up via the BNA dm; I'll get an alert. If y'know, you know.

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:09 pm

I'm bike less at the moment, so the crappy weather is kinda comforting! LOL
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

Lizzy

Postby Lizzy » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:21 pm

Hmnn, my new 'extreme conditions' chain lube might be getting a test run on the way home tonight!
“Lexa”: 2012 Trek Lexa S; "Hannelore": 2019 Kalkhoff, "Teal Cecile" Reid traino shuttle

roller

Postby roller » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:53 pm

Clubagreenie wrote:try riding in the monsoons ... then you know your wet
monsoons?

luxury. . . . i used to have to get out of the lake at three o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, ...
inflammatory statement or idea

Clubagreenie

Postby Clubagreenie » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:59 pm

roller wrote:
Clubagreenie wrote:try riding in the monsoons ... then you know your wet
monsoons?

luxury. . . . i used to have to get out of the lake at three o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, ...
Righto Johnny One Better :roll: , don't tell me your dad is faster than mine too

uglybob

Postby uglybob » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:52 pm

^^ haha - someone needs to watch a bit more monty python :wink:

sli123

Postby sli123 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:41 pm

TimW wrote: Hey Stu , would you be annoyed if i said it's beautiful over here and I have managed 340 k's since Sunday?? :twisted: :D :D Cut short today though broke a rear spoke dammit :roll: :roll: :roll: .Hope it improves for you soon mate, we had 6 days of it last week.Tim
G'day Tim,
Nice k's, well done. How'd you break the spoke - you doing tricks again? :lol:
Another wet ride this morning with the SPR crew. If nothing else it's good for training - I'm using the Apollo as the "rain bike" and it's heavier and harder to ride.

TimW

Postby TimW » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:57 pm

sli123 wrote:
TimW wrote: Hey Stu , would you be annoyed if i said it's beautiful over here and I have managed 340 k's since Sunday?? :twisted: :D :D Cut short today though broke a rear spoke dammit :roll: :roll: :roll: .Hope it improves for you soon mate, we had 6 days of it last week.Tim
G'day Tim,
Another wet ride this morning with the SPR crew. If nothing else it's good for training - I'm using the Apollo as the "rain bike" and it's heavier and harder to ride.

Not sure how the spoke broke, first one on the roady since i got it and about 15000 k's, was trundling along the M7 Cycleway near quakers hill overpass and all of a sudden i thought my chain had come off, and the derallier sounded funny, so i stopped and the guy i was riding with said i had broken a spoke, there you go, bloody thing. Anyhow all fixed, having a couple off now the legs need it.
I have broken 5 spokes on the flatbar in the last few months, ride that one harder though.

Will be looking at a new wheelset once i save up some pennies.
I see you got a ride in today, good stuff.Tim

backslashio

Postby backslashio » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:13 pm

Been wanting to go out for a ride lately but this weather sucks, had a shave today (the face, not the legs) and then as soon as I looked out the window flash flooding & strong winds was suddenly happening. Seems a bit risky to take out the road bike too since I haven't mastered braking. And I'm still waiting for my LS jerseys *sighs*

zues

Postby zues » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:54 pm

Dont worry Backslashio, sli123's mum will make you a cup of cocoa :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

giwi2

Postby giwi2 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:59 pm

getting hit broadside by a squall this mornnig along Port beach road made for some interesting group riding. Forgot to take of the Reynolds 46s :roll: :roll:
2009 Scott Sportster
2009 Specialized Roubaix Expert

Jezza75

Postby Jezza75 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:25 pm

giwi2 wrote:getting hit broadside by a squall this mornnig along Port beach road made for some interesting group riding. Forgot to take of the Reynolds 46s :roll: :roll:
At least your Reyonlds 46s dont mind getting wet!
unlike your mates..
lol

Hills hurt but couches KILL!

Marty Moose

Postby Marty Moose » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:59 pm

sli123 wrote:
G'day Tim,
Found you on Garmin :)