grumpy old men

Funkymonk

grumpy old men

Postby Funkymonk » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:10 pm

Went for a ride today from Baldivas to Kings Park and back , enroute passing on comming middle to late aged men ... all kitted up flash gear looking real Gucci .... all with snarls and nasty grunts as they pass by , went past one pack of 7 middle aged belly impared guys who had some smart arsed stuff to say ...

Is it weigh in night tonight ?

lighten up :roll:

europa
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Re: grumpy old men

Postby europa » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:24 pm

Funkymonk wrote:Went for a ride today from Baldivas to Kings Park and back , enroute passing on comming middle to late aged men ... all kitted up flash gear looking real Gucci .... all with snarls and nasty grunts as they pass by , went past one pack of 7 middle aged belly impared guys who had some smart arsed stuff to say ...

Is it weigh in night tonight ?

lighten up :roll:
At the TDU today. Top of Old Willunga Hill. Me and two kids. Group of middle aged blokes in full racing lycra and carbon bikes, shaved legs and all the 'cool accessories'. They wanted to watch to, so they shoved in front of me and the kids, then proceeded to stand out on the road as the riders came past so no-one could see. Arrogant pricks, but I guess they stood a better chance of being on television that way.

Richard
I had a good bike ... so I fixed it

Funkymonk

Postby Funkymonk » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:38 am

Bwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaa

went out today for a post Aust day look around at the carnage , and waddya know it was so quiet out there [bike wise ]

went to Kings Park and around UWA ,very quiet , and a few waves and head nod's from passing riders .....and NO GRUMPY OLD MEN :P

I t was great to see the amount of kids out there with mums and dads !

They must have topped up their tanks last night , no doubt their guilt will make them twist and contort and half strangle themselves back into their team jersey's for next Sat snarl rides :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:11 pm

I spose it's bikes not cars that fuel some mid life crises Funker, you can tell there is no joy in the act of riding for these men. More to do with the pose value of the richest bling and the shiniest shoes at the "innest" cafes methinks, a veritable pissing contest in team lycra and race spec gruppos.
I feel nothing but pity for these types, they are the ones who miss out what the ride is all about.

Glad you enjoyed your ride mate.

Shaun
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

Funkymonk

Postby Funkymonk » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:33 pm

exactly ! they just don't get it , LIFE IS NOT A DRESS REHURSAL

go grow a pony tail , get a sports car , pick up 20 year old and leave your wife .... but for crying out loud at least have fun 8)

europa
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby europa » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:37 pm

I've had a lot of comments about the bent while out and about - the only negatives have come from this class of fool. I thnk that anyone who does it differently to them challenges their masculinity in some way ... which suggests it's pretty thin in the first place.

Richard
I had a good bike ... so I fixed it

Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Kalgrm » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:16 pm

... probably short too .... ;)
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it ....

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:03 pm

Kalgrm wrote:... probably short too .... ;)
I have been known to offer to pass on the details of a good plastic surgeon :)

Andrew

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:58 pm

Mum and Dad are currently staying with us. Dad has a t-shirt on which says "Grumpy old man".

When my sister provided grandchildren, Dad exclaimed that he was too young to be called Grandad, so he was called Grumps instead :lol:

Now that they are staying for a bit, I've also discovered he wears Homer Simpson PJs and has a "Homer on a Rope" in the shower!! :shock:

It is hilarious. Some grumpy old men are able to poke fun at themselves.

Bet Kev has one of these t-shirts too :D

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:51 pm

Kalgrm wrote:... probably short too .... ;)
Bwahahahaha :lol:

GOLD
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

Pushy

Postby Pushy » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:36 am

I wonder if I'm perceived as a GOM, I see myself more of a DOM(dirty) :twisted:

beauyboy

Postby beauyboy » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:28 am

Yes I remember that type. My other half were behind a threesome like that once except they were on MTBs. They were cruising in and out of the pedestrian path on the dedicated path and on the shared path decided to spread out to take up the entire 4 meters of path. Ofcourse being stuck behind an annoying threesome for near 3 kms left some excess energy :P . We blasted past when we got the chance.

Donald
BCC give us some more bikeways fore safe travel!!!!
Upgrade the NCL now QR!!!!!!
http://nakedcyclistbrissy.blogspot.com/
My views do not represent any organisation I may be apart of unless otherwise stated

Jr Dacks

Postby Jr Dacks » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:23 pm

They should ban fat old men wearing that lycra stuff, was stuck behind one the other day, he must have been 50 odd years old, overweight in a 1pce silver costume looking like a somehow pregnant drag queen and it put me off my lunch.

sogood

Postby sogood » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:35 pm

An old thread... All I can say is, they are entitled to do what they like. :?
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:26 pm

Jr Dacks wrote:They should ban fat old men wearing that lycra stuff, was stuck behind one the other day, he must have been 50 odd years old, overweight in a 1pce silver costume looking like a somehow pregnant drag queen and it put me off my lunch.
Yawn ...

Andrew

uMP2k

Postby uMP2k » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:06 pm

Jr Dacks wrote:They should ban fat old men wearing that lycra stuff, was stuck behind one the other day, he must have been 50 odd years old, overweight in a 1pce silver costume looking like a somehow pregnant drag queen and it put me off my lunch.
If you are lucky you might even live to be one yourself...

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:52 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing the scenario you painted above...just so long as he wasn't in Budgies :shock:

Jr Dacks

Postby Jr Dacks » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:43 pm

uMP2k wrote:
If you are lucky you might even live to be one yourself...
Sorry if anyone took any offense to my post, was not trying to start an argument. Just wasn't a pretty site at the time.

rambler1au

Postby rambler1au » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:08 pm

Yes you young punks shuld have respect for us old geesers.

We had it tough when we were young no bloody sti in those days just downtube shifters and steel bikes...

you dont know how easy youve got it nowadays.....

So we can do what we want, and you can Kiss our *****

Ps ive got a sports car and a 20 year old chick as well

cray-

Postby cray- » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:41 am

Nothing wrong with downtube shifters.....old bikes ftw!

btw, I'm 28 and I don't wear lycra. Better for me and everyone else involved.