WA Bike Network Plan for public release

rolandp

Re: WA Bike Network Plan for public release

Postby rolandp » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:22 am

GregW wrote:Seems to me to be doing more than I see around here.
Buzzy feel good breakfasts, bikes for Africa and charity rides etc etc etc appear to be more important than cycle infrastructure.
Then the 1M rule was demanded in the press, along with an anti motorist theme.....yeh that was going to end well.
I have said before that cycling is not important to councils, government etc etc,.
They have done zilch in 15 years, and now we have another report.....just a re writen report from 8 years ago, with some added information that can be read on this forum.
Yep.....we can be happy with less than $1M a year for WA cycling, and accepting the misuse of those funds by councils.....we can organise another brekky and thank those councils for all their hard work.
Don't know Bruce, but he is having a crack.
My wife just pointed out that I have been out 5 of the last 10 work-day evenings attending council, state and cycling meetings. I will thank councils/state government where applicable, and will also contact them when they have not. This is undertaken in my own time (I would rather be riding or with my family/friends), and I do it because I believe that the cycling infrastructure in WA needs to be improved.

I have meet Bruce at the Cycling Safety Forum held last year. I am unclear who he represents either but I do like his statement:
It would take a snail three months at a snail's pace to get from Perth to Fremantle. So far, it has taken Main Roads 19 years to get only part of the way.

If you feel strongly about the lack of progress, then contact the relevant bodies and try to rectify it, and in particular, respond to the public release of the WA Bike Network Plan draft document.

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:54 am

rolandp wrote:My wife just pointed out that I have been out 5 of the last 10 work-day evenings attending council, state and cycling meetings.
Thank you Roland for all your efforts but don't burn out! We need you on our side putting in your efforts but at a sustainable pace.

Andrew

elStado

Postby elStado » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:22 am

Aushiker wrote:
rolandp wrote:My wife just pointed out that I have been out 5 of the last 10 work-day evenings attending council, state and cycling meetings.
Thank you Roland for all your efforts but don't burn out! We need you on our side putting in your efforts but at a sustainable pace.

Andrew
+1

Agreed. I'd like to get involved and help out where possible. Many hands and all that.
Check out my practical cycling and cycle touring website: VELOPHILE AUSTRALIA

CycleSnail

Postby CycleSnail » Tue May 01, 2012 1:04 pm

CycleSnail wrote:
dampier wrote:Just a few questions, Is this open to public submissions, if so how do I go about it? and if possible is there a sample submission letter so I can get an idea of the format and tone.
Thanks
In addition to the feedback possibilities already mentioned, the BTA will be organising at least one public feedback session on a Saturday towards the end of March or more likely in April after the school holidays. This will give people a chance to get a feel for the WABN plan, and some preliminary analysis can be considered.
I am a bit late with this, so sorry. The public feedback session will be held this Saturday (5.5.12) at the RAC, as per the letter below, and REGISTRATION CLOSES TODAY!!!

Feedback to the Department of Transport about the DRAFT WA Bike Network Plan.

On Saturday the RAC café will be open and you are invited to arrive anytime from 8.30am onwards to enjoy a cup of coffee prior to the start at 9am. We hope to be wrapped up by 2.30pm.

The purpose of this event is to provide a coordinated feedback for a submission on the DRAFT WA Bike Network Plan. We won’t have time to look at any other cycling safety issues on this day.

Should you require any further information, please feel free to ring or email at any time.

See you on Saturday, kind regards Marianne

Marianne Carey
Road User Coordinator
The Royal Automobile Club of WA (Inc)
832 Wellington Street
West Perth WA 6005
p 08 9436 4524
f 08 9436 5030
e marianne.carey@rac.com.au
Support high quality cycling advocacy!

rolandp

Postby rolandp » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:31 pm

Almost 12 months on since we provided feedback to the plan (closed 17 June 2012).

And it is still in draft - Department of Transport WA Bicycle Network Plan.

Anyone know when it will be approved, and when the items identified in the plan will be delivered?

CycleSnail

Postby CycleSnail » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:01 am

Dont't know when the final version will be published, but I know that DoT is busy working on the identified projects, in particular the various PSP enhancements, pretty much as outlined in the version we saw, and beyond in some cases.
Support high quality cycling advocacy!

cyclegirl88

Postby cyclegirl88 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:03 pm

Would love to know also. Been too long with no communication!