City bike store

Re: City bike store

Postby eldavo » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:39 pm

oh geez I didn't know... so nobody in the market to buy/take over from them? I remember it as an icon in the area like Pal and Panther in North Perth.

edit: sorry I meant I remember Runner's World as an icon in the area from being a kid... small family business etc. so yeah equation for running it after decades different to new people investing with view to run it for more decades, the nature of business from when they started radically different now etc.
Last edited by eldavo on Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eldavo

by BNA » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:45 pm

BNA

Postby MarkG » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:45 pm

El Davo - I guess at the end of the day the market dictates where are shop should be etc.
With Cycle Gallery perhaps NBridge wasn't a good location, or the rent was too much?
Committed's store underwent a decent re fit late last year so I assume that played a role - possibly cheaper rent too..
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"
MarkG

Postby HappyHumber » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:02 pm

MarkG wrote:Interesting to note that the new store on Albany Highway is old Committed Cycles / Glen Parker South store - which makes sense as it was recently fitted out with new paint, floors etc...

It was only "Committed" less than 18 months or so after it was Glen Parker South, no? '
- Kym
Please don't assume I'm on Facebook.
HappyHumber

Postby MarkG » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:24 pm

Hey Kym, yeah something like that.
I think Brad Sara owned the shop the whole time and was renting it out to Stuart (Glen Parker South) and then when he packed up and relocated to Albany (as Passmore Cycles) Brad came back on board and re opened the premises as Committed Cycles until he shut up shop.
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"
MarkG

Postby Evo6point5 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:21 pm

Ride Advice now stocking Cervelo's too... droolworthy P5 up on the wall.. yum!
Evo6point5

Postby HLC » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:35 pm

It's a tough market on Albany highway...

5 or 6 stores or relatively close together and most are quite difficult to get in/out of (in a 4 wheeled vehicle).
HLC

Postby HappyHumber » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:09 pm

HLC wrote:It's a tough market on Albany highway...

Heh, yeah. I live pretty close to that strip - yet my preferred LBS is Georges over in Willeton. If I want to order anything, they get my business. Only if I'm in a mad rush for something will one of the Mank-ington stores will get my business. That and it's just a sh!tfight just crossing Albany H'way at the best of times through there...

Another thing that irks me about some of those car parks out front of a few of those stores in that they still have a few of those single slat drain grills in line with traffic flow outside, or damn close to, the bike stores. Anything less than a 35mm tyre would so easily go down into those suckers if you weren't paying attention noodling about on a test ride - or even just cutting through there on your roadie. :?

I don't think it's the fault of the council on private property like that - but rather the land/property owner.
- Kym
Please don't assume I'm on Facebook.
HappyHumber

Previous

Return to Western Australia