Bloody TV

Bloody TV

Postby rambler1au » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:40 am

OK This is my whinge

If I see another bloody "This day tonight" or "A Current Affair" or one of the other crap supposed pseudo news and special interest shows that go on about bikng as being bad for pedestrians dangerous for gannys etc like they had on the TV tonight Im going to go into one of those channels like 10 & 9 and thottle the useless b**** reading the news with a bike chain and see how dangerous that is.

It seems one can not go a couple of weeks without some crap news show going on about bikes, bike packs, bikies breaking road rules, road rage and little old ladies trying to walk from Scarborough to Triggs with a pack of bikes descending upon them with malicious intent.

What also irks me is a a couple of the bikers (one from a bike shop) who will remain nameless getting on these shows and giving these dipsticks a story.

I know biking is getting popular but really Id just like to shove a bike pump up these shows and get some real news.

And anyone who rides bikes and gets on the shows can they please at least take their helmets and bike sunnies off when they are interviewed, they look ridiculous.
rambler1au

by BNA » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:11 am

BNA

Postby HappyHumber » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:11 am

I find it easier - or at least better for my stress levels - to just avoid such shows all together. I used to enjoy the Chaser's vivisection of them and their habits last series on the War on Everything last year. Anyone remember Frontline before the likes of Sitch, Cilauro & Gliesner sold out?

And don't get me started on the West Australian. I'm just glad Stokes and the shareholders are getting fired up about it ATM.

It's more just sad that this sort of trash appeals to base instincts and actually rates and sells so well amongst the general rabble.

I figure if I want to get agro about something; I just start reading some of the e-mails from middle management where I work. I tell ya - this place has got more dead wood than the Busselton Jetty.

Kym
- Kym
Please don't assume I'm on Facebook.
HappyHumber

Postby cray- » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:05 pm

I sort of caught the end of that piece last night. It sounded like the bike shop guys thought it was going to be a pro-bike story, as they where talking about the hit and run from a few weeks ago. But then the "journalist" turned around and started talking about what bike riders where supposedly doing to incite all this rage. All this crap about large packs of riders and going too fast on shared pathways. Going on about some kind of war between cars and cyclists, it was just pathetic. All it serves to do is stir up more hatred in the minds of the idiots who enjoy watching the show.

HappyHumber is definitely right, it's best to just avoid both shows all together. I was flicking through the channels, saw bikes and stopped, should have known better...oh well.
cray-

Postby rambler1au » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:59 pm

I agree that probably the bike shop guy was caught a little unaware of what was happening but he should have known that as soon as the reporter said Im from "A Current Affair" or Today Tonight he would be no more than pond scum.

I think he thought lll get a free plug for the store but all he did was get sucked in to the beat up story
rambler1au

Postby DaveW » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:42 pm

Hey I'm a 4WDer as well - Whether I'm driving or riding I'm gonna kill someone! :roll:
:lol: :lol:
DaveW

Postby WillSS » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:07 am

AM radio callers had a fair bit to say on the subject too! Most of it negative, as usual..
WillSS

Postby HappyHumber » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:01 am

Talkback radio!?!?!? Arrrrrgh!!!
HappyHumber

Postby WillSS » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:17 am

HappyHumber wrote:Talkback radio!?!?!? Arrrrrgh!!!

'Talkback' should be used lightly if not at all to describe it. No ones talking, they're just moaning!

Unfortunately the negative ramble of noise floats over from a near by office, and when subjects that corcern me come on, I listen in..
WillSS

Postby moosterbounce » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:54 am

DaveW wrote:Hey I'm a 4WDer as well - Whether I'm driving or riding I'm gonna kill someone! :roll:

I hear ya Dave. I have a big black dog too to I'm tripley scary!!

I didn't see the article, but they are all the same aren't they?

Before the end of daylight savings, I used to be riding during the time those shows were on :(
moosterbounce

Postby DaveW » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:55 pm

moosterbounce wrote:
DaveW wrote:Hey I'm a 4WDer as well - Whether I'm driving or riding I'm gonna kill someone! :roll:

I hear ya Dave. I have a big black dog too to I'm tripley scary!!

I didn't see the article, but they are all the same aren't they?

Before the end of daylight savings, I used to be riding during the time those shows were on :(

My dog is big and white (ish) but he's not scary at all - half poodle so you really can't take something that silly looking seriously!
Big bark though, so you don't know he's silly until you see him. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DaveW

Postby moosterbounce » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:28 pm

I have 2 Great Danes - Black male (big woos) and black/white female (big toughie). She has the deeper bark, but they both scare the living daylights out of most people!!

Last night on their walk Louis reared up on his hind legs and barked at a kid on a bike who kept yelling at him (they are magnets for kids trying to prove they are tough :? ). Anyway, the kid was a little taken aback by a dog that was 6'4" and quite literally fell off his bike!!

Laughed? I nearly s...... :lol: :wink:
moosterbounce

the dane

Postby chuckchunder » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:19 pm

moosterbounce wrote:I have....Great Danes.........

i see a woman with a great dane on my commute pretty regularly.... huge black bitch : ) the great dane that is..... the woman has her on a muzzle lead, and i always assumed it was 'cause maybe she'd bitten someone in the past..... riding past that dog on a recumbent trike was always.......interesting........until

one morning the lady concerned also had a collie pup with her. pup was all over the place and i slowed and stopped. pup was all a lather about being patted and getting attention. unbeknown to me the dane had come around the other side, first i knew of it was when an enormous tongue covered the whole side of my face in dog slobber..... not afraid of her bite anymore!!!
chuckchunder

Postby moosterbounce » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:19 pm

Must be a head collar - they are really good for any dog that pulls as it turns their head, as opposed to a normal neck collar which either chokes or allows them to put their weight into the pull.

But yes Chuck - the tongue can be a bit friendly if you are at Dane height :)
moosterbounce

Return to Western Australia