Did anyone ride in the Tour De Perth ?

Postby nimm » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:32 am

We need some ride reports! :)
/ Giant OCR / Go Vegan /
nimm

by BNA » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:33 pm

BNA

Postby Dunk » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:33 pm

I didn't ride it, but I rode up from Freo with a couple of others to watch the Criterium in Kalamunda. Pretty good racing with some aggressive riding.

After the rain on Saturday morning I think my friend was glad he withdrew his entry a couple of days before the start.

I must say that given the closeness to Perth and the amount of people who ride in/around Perth I was surprised how few spectators there were for the Criterium. I was expecting bikes everywhere :o
Dunk

Postby Double-Gee » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:28 am

I had planned to capture all the action on Saturday but decided that it was too wet for my bike to go out and *way* too wet for my camera to go out in the rain. We went shopping instead and I did catch a bit of the time trials after we got home.

I have seen a full account of the ride at - where are we riding today. I haven't ridden with these guys and girls but keep an eye on this blog as it is a good read and I like to borrow from the ride locations.
Road - '09 Cervelo S1 | '07 Vivente Lugano | Late 90's Giant Kronos, Dirt - '08 Orbea Sherpa
Double-Gee

Postby JB » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:55 am

I did not enter myself - but someone who did has done quite a write up on his blog - here:
http://whereareweridingtoday.blogspot.com/2008/04/tour-de-perth-support-race-part-01.html
JB

Postby uMP2k » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:02 pm

Dunk wrote:...
I must say that given the closeness to Perth and the amount of people who ride in/around Perth I was surprised how few spectators there were for the Criterium. I was expecting bikes everywhere :o

I think the key problem is the location. Kalamunda is a bit of a pain to get to by public transport (only buses) there is limited parking if you drive and for a lot of casual bike riders the thought of riding UP the Darling Scarp from Perth to Kalamunda.... (need I finish that sentence) :shock:
uMP2k

Return to Western Australia