Maylands Bridge Works Will See New Bicycle Paths Built

Aushiker

Maylands Bridge Works Will See New Bicycle Paths Built

Postby Aushiker » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:58 am

The Minister of Transport Mr Troy Buswell in a press release dated October 10, 2012 has announced that two railway bridges (Third Avenue railway bridge and the Seventh Avenue railway bridge) in Maylands will be upgraded with the upgrades commencing in 2013. The upgrade will include the development of new pedestrian/cycle paths which hopefully will connect to the Guildford Road Principal Shared Path.

More details etc in my blog posting for those interested. Bottom line is that this will take awhile.

Andrew

Red Rider

Re: Maylands Bridge Works Will See New Bicycle Paths Built

Postby Red Rider » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:46 pm

The 3rd Ave upgrade should eliminate the PSP squeeze point under the bridge, another plus.

I didn't realise the 7th Ave bridge was too busy or dangerous, the economics of it means the character of the bridge will be lost. What can they do to make the new bridge fit with what has gone before?

Aushiker

Re: Maylands Bridge Works Will See New Bicycle Paths Built

Postby Aushiker » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:43 am

Red Rider wrote:I didn't realise the 7th Ave bridge was too busy or dangerous, the economics of it means the character of the bridge will be lost. What can they do to make the new bridge fit with what has gone before?
The Minister does "suggest" some retention of the heritage character but unclear how that will occur.
Design features will be agreed with the City of Bayswater to ensure heritage requirements are met.
Andrew