Can anyone recommend a prodessional bike fitter in Perth?

lunar_c

Can anyone recommend a prodessional bike fitter in Perth?

Postby lunar_c » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:01 pm

Hi all,

Since I've begun doing centuries I'm experiencing some intense knee pain which I've tried all the usual things for (physio, experimenting with cleat position, taking time off the bike etc) but to no avail. I'm keen to switch to Speedplay pedals and also get a proper bike fit and get the pedals and my bike position set up.

Can anyone recommend someone to do this?

I've always shied away from the idea because I ride an older frame with modern groupo/wheels/saddle/quill stem converter & modern bars/stem so always thought no one would help unless I had a new bike.

Kind regards,
Ben
Last edited by lunar_c on Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jlh

Re: Can anyone recommend a prodessional bike fitter in Perth

Postby jlh » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:12 pm

I was recommended the following by a work mate who is a triathlete:

"You can talk to a coach like andrew budge (AT) trysport and he will do a measurement and sizing for $75 I think, or if you paid $150 he will do a complete bike fit when the bike arrives and make sure you are setup properly. Switched on guy. Otherwise Churchill cycles offer the same service."

mitzikatzi

Postby mitzikatzi » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:25 pm

A couple of threads on this already. Search :shock: type "fitting" into search box at top of the Western Australia page

speciallezed

Postby speciallezed » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:38 pm

+1 For Andrew budge at trysport Bassendean oval. I was having the same issue about 8 months ago, switch to speed play pedals and Got a bike fit with Andrew. I’ve ridden a few thousand kilometres since then almost pain free.

paulz

Postby paulz » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:05 am

Damian Oldmeadow...he has set up his new practice called Star Phsyio.

I used him for a bike fit. Well worth getting a physio appraisal of your flexibility which will influence the set up. Small changes that he made to my set up were noticeable immediately.

Phil

Postby Phil » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:03 pm

paulz wrote:Damian Oldmeadow...he has set up his new practice called Star Phsyio.

I used him for a bike fit. Well worth getting a physio appraisal of your flexibility which will influence the set up. Small changes that he made to my set up were noticeable immediately.
+1

Damian assisted me with what to buy (size wise), plus did the inital fit, with a follow up seven weeks later. Working on my flexibility currently so I can drop the bars without my hips rolling around stupidly.

lunar_c

Postby lunar_c » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:40 pm

Thanks guys. I'm contacting Andrew Budge this week and probably making a switch over to Speedplay pedals (my old ones are worn anyway) thanks for the recommendations!