UWA : Octagon theatre, bike facilities (tedx!)

UWA : Octagon theatre, bike facilities (tedx!)

Postby argybargy » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:43 am

Just trying to work out how to get to TedX next month, i was hoping to ride on of my bikes... but unsure about how secure UWA is for bikes on a Saturday.

Does anyone have any advice/experience with locking up bikes around the octagon theatre?
argybargy

by BNA » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:40 pm

BNA

Re: UWA : Octagon theatre, bike facilities (tedx!)

Postby jeffh » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:40 pm

There are lots of bike lock up stands around the Octagon which is just behind the Sports and Rec Centre so there should be other bikes near there.

Generally pretty safe but do:
Take off your removable stuff such as lights
Use your heaviest gauge lock
Try to secure it around the back of the theatre out of obvious sight

I have worked at UWA for 25 yrs or so and ride a few times a week - never any probs but i ride a flat bar hybrid which doesn't look too flash and not my road bikes. One of our staff members had his Giant nicked even though it was locked to a post.

But apart from it being a quite public place I don't think the campus is less safe than anywhere else around the place.

Jeff
jeffh

Re: UWA : Octagon theatre, bike facilities (tedx!)

Postby argybargy » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:13 am

ok cheers - i was going to use my D lock for the frame and back wheel with the bouncy one for locking everything together.
reckon i should have room in my bag for other things once i get those locks in there :P

my bike is a specialized cyclocross model, so while it looks shiny it hasn't got a lot that can be taken off it without tools :)
argybargy

Return to Western Australia