Cyclo Sportif

Cyclo Sportif

Postby Cambo » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:13 am

Did anyone ride in the Cyclow Sportif Chidlow event on Sunday?

I rode in the Elite Racing Cycles team and had a really sensational time. If you have been thinking about joining and haven't yet, I thoroughly recommend giving it a go. There is a very real feeling of camaraderie across all of the teams with the object of the event to get the slowest rider across the line. The team time is based on the last riders time so it is important to show the support and get your weakest rider home.

The course was a 30km loop out from the Chidlow Tavern and the event finished off with a great meal and some presentations. It is all done with a sense of fun and comradeship amongst the riders. This year there was just short of 600 riders in the event.

The next event is on the 18th of May in Toodyay and once again I really recommend giving it a go.
Cambo

by BNA » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:28 pm

BNA

Re: Cyclo Sportif

Postby uMP2k » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:28 pm

Cambo wrote:Did anyone ride in the Cyclow Sportif Chidlow event on Sunday?

I rode in the Elite Racing Cycles team and had a really sensational time. If you have been thinking about joining and haven't yet, I thoroughly recommend giving it a go. There is a very real feeling of camaraderie across all of the teams with the object of the event to get the slowest rider across the line. The team time is based on the last riders time so it is important to show the support and get your weakest rider home.

The course was a 30km loop out from the Chidlow Tavern and the event finished off with a great meal and some presentations. It is all done with a sense of fun and comradeship amongst the riders. This year there was just short of 600 riders in the event.

The next event is on the 18th of May in Toodyay and once again I really recommend giving it a go.

Hmmm - like the sound of it - particularly as I am pretty sure I would be "the weakest rider" every body would be needing to help out!

Do you have a link or contact for information?

Stephen
uMP2k

Postby Cambo » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:52 pm

Cambo

Postby nimm » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:38 pm

My bike shop, cyclerama, entered 3 teams for Chidlow. Unfortunately I've been away so missed out. I'll probably see them on Wed and let you know what they thought of it.
/ Giant OCR / Go Vegan /
nimm

Return to Western Australia