Mount St Overpass

Hutcho

Re: Mount St Overpass

Postby Hutcho » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:11 pm

I hate to drag this old topic up again, but it just won't go away... Rode over the bridge today and was absolutely soaked by sprinklers newly installed for the Halo development. The whole of the exits on the Kings Park side were saturated and the sprinklers were spraying more over the bridge exits (and people trying to get past) than over the gardens. Excess water was flowing down the Parliment PSP and the whole set up was causing chaos.

Surely being adjacent to a PSP and tiled pedestrian bridge exit the smart thing to do would be to install a drip irrigation system?

rolandp

Postby rolandp » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:43 am

These were only installed on Friday. Am hopeful this was testing, as I also experienced the rapids coming down the hill. Otherwise, it will be reported to Water Corp as it is now the hot season, and sprinkler restrictions are now in place.

dampier

Postby dampier » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:31 pm

The water will not be a problem, the trees that were planted there grow to 3 metres which will restrict the line of sight.
It will be an interesting section to ride through in a year or so.

rolandp

Postby rolandp » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:20 am

WestCycle report:
Great to see these new markings on the access path between Mount Street and the Kwinana Fwy PSP.

This is a key gateway into Perth CBD and is very well used by both people on bikes and people walking. The lack of markings before made the path confusing and often led to issues between people heading in different directions.

We tabled the matter during one of our regular conversations with the bike planning team at the City of Perth and we are pleased that this has lead to direct action.

Hopefully the new markings will make the path easier and safer to use, but do let us know how you find it when you ride through.

Based on the above, it doesn't take much to please WestCycle.

wellington_street

Postby wellington_street » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:35 pm

So moronic when CoP and Main Roads put in a solid centreline which has to be crossed (illegally?) because the junction they built doesn't accommodate the swept path of a bicycle. Well done! :roll:

방구 똥

Postby 방구 똥 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:47 pm

wellington_street wrote:So moronic when CoP and Main Roads put in a solid centreline which has to be crossed (illegally?) because the junction they built doesn't accommodate the swept path of a bicycle. Well done! :roll:
I'm looking at the photo and difficult to see the issue being discussed.
Are you saying that in reality, turning cannot be done without crossing the line?

wellington_street

Postby wellington_street » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:10 pm

방구 똥 wrote:
wellington_street wrote:So moronic when CoP and Main Roads put in a solid centreline which has to be crossed (illegally?) because the junction they built doesn't accommodate the swept path of a bicycle. Well done! :roll:
I'm looking at the photo and difficult to see the issue being discussed.
Are you saying that in reality, turning cannot be done without crossing the line?
Yep

Rex

Postby Rex » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:39 pm

I have daily images of witnessing a collision there and seeing a body fly over the fence onto the freeway.

roller

Postby roller » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:28 pm

rolandp wrote:Based on the above, it doesn't take much to please WestCycle.
Their bar is set pretty low.

I think it would be better to have no lines on this section at all, lines cause some people to develop a ferocious sense of entitlement over "their side".

This ramp would work better if it was a "neutral" zone.

The safest way to enter the north/south path is via the little gap in the fence a bit further up, but this curvy section is an easier place to leave it, perhaps making them "one way" would be better, like an On Ramp and Off Ramp.
inflammatory statement or idea

방구 똥

Postby 방구 똥 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:05 pm

I turned from Mount Street to the path heading towards the Narrows bridge this morning without crossing the line, doesn't seem to be an issue.
Or is it dangerous in the other direction?

wellington_street

Postby wellington_street » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:51 pm

The uphill left turn is extremely difficult to do without crossing either centreline.