Mount St Overpass

Re: Mount St Overpass

Postby ikm » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:39 pm

rolandp wrote:Slightly off topic, but at the corner Hay St/Mitchell Fay, the shared path sign has been knocked over and is lying on the shared path. If you are coming from the south, and go quickly around that horrible turn near Parliament House, you may not see the pole on the ground.

Hopefully reported to Main Roads this evening, but their website is playing up.

Pole looked like it was still attached to the ground, so I didn't try to move it (and if I did try may have been too heavy).

This one?

ikm

by BNA » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:25 pm

BNA

Postby rolandp » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:25 pm

Yes, now moved to the side:

Picking up on eldavo's comment (and appologies if I did not extend my hand out to indicate when I was stopping, as I normally do), it was October 2013, around a week before National Ride to Work Day, and I had contacted Parliament House, as I felt the weeds were a bit excessive along the PSP and in the interest of National Ride to Work Day, could they trim them back:
Didn't hear back from my request, but next day:
The weather was poor and mixing weed matter, rain and additional riders on the PSP as it was also Cycle in Spring occurring, my next request was worded a lot stronger. Surprisingly, again I didn't hear back from them, but it was cleared up that day.

Back on the topic of Mount St/Halo on the Mount, there is loose shade cloth. I thought my video camera was on, so I could have captured it, but am riding that way tomorrow, and will revisit the location, see if they have corrected and if not, report it again to MainRoads (why do I need to do this, and waste government funds sorting out a building companies issue?) if I feel it is safety issue. If you have footage and it is a safety issue, please report it yourself.
rolandp

Postby rolandp » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:03 am

Is this crack getting bigger, or is just the way I took the two photos?
rolandp

Postby eldavo » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:58 am

The ISO best practice for determining the progress of cracks is Tony Greig's keys in the cricket wicket. Equally able to be applied to driveways, PSP's, and slashed tyres.

(RIP reflection from the 12th Man himself)
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 6545787911

PS: if the weather is cooling off and the path is contracting, it could be increasing the gap, think of the expansion joints.
eldavo

Postby rolandp » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:18 pm

Camera crew at this location this evening. I can hope they were filming the lack of visibility around Halo-on-the-Mount, but more likely they were filming the traffic on the freeway or similar.
rolandp

Postby Tandem » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:38 am

rolandp wrote:Camera crew at this location this evening. I can hope they were filming the lack of visibility around Halo-on-the-Mount, but more likely they were filming the traffic on the freeway or similar.

Why didn't you stop and ask them.
Tandem

Postby matthecat » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:34 am

They were just doing a story on new double demirit point offences that are being brought in and had some nice background shots of slow moving peak hour traffic in the back-ground.
matthecat

Postby rolandp » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:42 pm

Close to this location, at the bottom of the hill, in the underpass last night:
Reported to Main Roads, and removed overnight - well done Main Roads.

Really looking forward to Halo on the Mount being completed, but based on their construction page it has been updated in 8 months, so not looking good at keeping us informed when it will be finished.
rolandp

Postby SNAKE ® » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:20 am

Saw that scooter last week. It's the second in that tunnel in a few months. Most likely stolen.
2011 CANNONDALE SUPERSIX HI-MOD SUPER RECORD TEAM LIQUIGAS
2013 CANNONDALE SCALPEL 29ER CARBON 1
2012 MERIDA SPEEDER T3
SNAKE ®

Previous

Return to Western Australia