Dealing with latic acid

BrisVegas

Re: Dealing with latic acid

Postby BrisVegas » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:05 pm

following with interest. I've struggled this year a few time when I'v edone longer rides. I start to "lock up" with cramps in my quads and calfs, despite drinking heaps and adding staminade/Zero tablets/powerade to my water bottles. I've been taking magnesium tablets too as I read they help. I get restless legs at night, which is apparently a sympton of magnesium and potassium deficiency. My cramping is typically at the 80-90 km mark, although I got them at about the 60km point in the first long ride I tried this year (Ipswich 100). I'm starting to believe what others have been saying about it being a result of poor cardiovascular fitness. Basically, I think I just need to spend more time on the bike and do more long rides and eventually, I'll get through the cramping. It's a work in progress obviously. I did 80 this morning on the back of a big week and had no dramas at all. I'll try a 100 next week. Fingers crossed...
2004 Litespeed Tuscany Ti SRAM Force 2x10 & 2021 Bombtrack Hook EXT SRAM Rival 1x11