Does anyone in Perth have reelights?

dasinc

Does anyone in Perth have reelights?

Postby dasinc » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:22 am

G'day everyone,

Newbie to riding, just going to be a commuter and and in the process of looking at lights. I like the idea of always on, no battery lights that reelight offer. Much cheaper than buying dynamo hub which would probably cost as much as my bike :)

Anyway, was hoping someone in Perth may have them so I could have a look at how bright they are...so....anyone?

http://www.reelight.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CycleSnail

Re: Does anyone in Perth have reelights?

Postby CycleSnail » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:29 pm

got one in the shed, put never put it on. PM me if you want to have a look.
Support high quality cycling advocacy!

Pravda

Postby Pravda » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:47 pm

Also much more expensive than battery powered lights.
I personally don't see the point in paying more for something which does a crappier job.

I personally have http://www.this link is broken/lezyne-super-dr ... ont-light/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; which is one of the brightest and lightest lights I've ever seen, the only danger is being mistaken for a car it's so bright.
2014 Canyon Aerode SLX
Puegeot Aneto 105
Kona Jake the Snake CX

dasinc

Postby dasinc » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:42 pm

Pravda wrote:Also much more expensive than battery powered lights.
I personally don't see the point in paying more for something which does a crappier job.
But that is just it, We don't know how bright it is :) I am sure it isn't as bright as the one you linked. However, the always on, no batteries, waterproof and hopefully bright enough to see by, make it a great option for me. Set and forget :)

WestcoastPete

Postby WestcoastPete » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:09 am

I have dyno hub lights on the everyday bike and love the just get on and ride and have bright lights thing. So much do that I get a bit put off when I come to ride one of the other bikes and I have to think, "is it going to get dark before I get home?". I've got some USB rechargeable knog-like things that I use on other bikes, but I still have to make sure I have them, and take them off when I park so they don't get stolen.

I just received my first set of reelights and they'll go on the dog bike (the one we walk the dog to the beach with most days). That'll mean it'll have lights for being seen anywhere and everywhere, and that makes me happy. I'm not sure about their more specialized options, one of which is supposed to be quite bright. I nearly got one for my folder, but balked when it came down to it.

Another option is a bottle dynamo. The B&M one looks to be pretty efficient, much more than those from years ago. Teamed up with a half decent B&M headlight and tail light would give you plenty of light to see with.

Any of these seen better than batteries I reckon, even lithium ion ones. Batteries wear out, and you always have to make sure they're both charged and with you. Reelights or dynamos are always ready.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2