WAHCC ride tomorrow

WAHCC ride tomorrow

Postby RobertFrith » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:13 pm

Very late notice but I only found about this today... There is a social ride and picnic hosted by the West Australian Historical Cycle Club tomorrow - Sunday Jan 13th, 9:30 start at Rotary Park Rockingham. If you have an old bike that needs an outing this could be for you.
RobertFrith

by BNA » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:07 pm

BNA

Re: WAHCC ride tomorrow

Postby Thoglette » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:07 pm

RobertFrith wrote: If you have an old bike that needs an outing this could be for you.

What does the WAHCC define as the newest acceptable "old"? 28" rims and rod brakes? Or anything with a 1" stem and no carbon?
Thoglette

Re: WAHCC ride tomorrow

Postby RobertFrith » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:20 pm

They're not too fussy. Oldest bike out today was Tim's 1904-ish Armstrong, next oldest was my 60's 2 Swan Swansea. Phil, the events organiser, was on a contemporary no-name beach cruiser like object. Last time he had a couple of WWII era Raleighs I think. Some of the riders are seriously vintage and by the sounds of things have some very interesting old iron tucked away in their sheds. The rides seem to be primarily social and some of the participants just ride something comfortable. You'd be more likely to see special bikes at one of the events they attend and show at.

Tim and I joined the Club last year. We are both the wrong side of 50 and are regarded as "young fellas". We've been to 2 meetings and 2 rides now. From what I understand the club has a static or declining membership and they're very keen to get some younger members. Next meeting is Monday week (Jan21) 7pm 6 Hickey St Ardross. Bit hard to find in the dark, but it's the bottom bit of Hickey St, as soon as you turn into Hickey you peel off right into a little road that runs up through the park.
RobertFrith

Return to Western Australia