back on the bike, feels good :)

back on the bike, feels good :)

Postby nimm » Mon May 05, 2008 8:34 pm

Work had me away for over a week and when I got back last Sunday I fell ill with a really nasty flu*. Three days of fever followed by the rest of it :( Anyway today I felt reasonable enough to get out on the bike and did a relaxed 30km. AWESOME and nice weather too!

Due to no appetite I managed to lose about a kilo too. Hopefully it wasn't muscle mass.

* thanks to being stuck next to 4 people coughing away for 5 hours on a Singapore -> Perth flight (1 in front, 1 behind, and 2 next to me). Not just the occasional cough, I mean constant coughing. I was cowering in my seat but knew I'd get something ...
/ Giant OCR / Go Vegan /
nimm

by BNA » Mon May 05, 2008 10:22 pm

BNA

Postby moosterbounce » Mon May 05, 2008 10:22 pm

This season's cold/flu bugs are real...ummm...BUGgers aren't they? Good to see you up and about. Your mileage is slipping :)

Lady at work just came back from Sydney and had a story almost worse than the coughers. She was pinned in a window seat for 5.5 hours (headwind in a small plane!) by a...lady (I don't suppose I need to worry about her reading this do I? :roll: ) Anyway, along with the meal provided, this lady consumed 12 Krispy Kreme Original Glazed donuts on the flight. Yes folks, 5 before the meal was brought out, and 7 after the dessert was served.

Now I'm partial to a KK - they aren't sold in WA thank goodness - but 12 on a syd-per flight :shock: :shock: :shock:

I reckon she could have done with your bug nimm as an appetite loss might be a good thing for a few days :wink:
moosterbounce

Postby sarmy » Sun May 11, 2008 11:29 pm

ive been off the bike for over a week with tonsilitis, a week of so before that feeling well below average so rode terribly, planning my first easy ride in the dark hours of monday morning, is it me or the bottle of wine just consumed thinking thats a great idea?

today was my first day feeling normal and envious of every cyclist i passed whilst driving....i must be better!
sarmy

Return to Western Australia