Cyclist Down Thu 8/2/13 ~5:30pm Osborne Park Hospital

eldavo

Cyclist Down Thu 8/2/13 ~5:30pm Osborne Park Hospital

Postby eldavo » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:36 pm

T-junction of Elton Rd. south side of Osborne Park Hospital by the City of Stirling open space (where the travelling circuses end up).
At 5:40pm I passed by the aftermath as someone was blanketed and being raised on the trolley bed to get into the waiting ambulance.
A burgundy car was stopped with emergencies on, not sure if involved or just blocking for safety and assisting.

I was wondering if anyone knew what happened as it's a massive area with plenty of space and vision and low traffic volume being a dead end to the cycle/ped flyover, I didn't rubberneck or stop to find out, thinking I could discretely ask here the next day.

citywomble

Re: Cyclist Down Thu 8/2/13 ~5:30pm Osborne Park Hospital

Postby citywomble » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:30 pm

Hi,

I stopped my car to offer assistance too. The burgundy car was not involved in the accident and may have had the nurse that helped to cyclist until ambos arrived.

I was told that the cyclist went OTB and it was either single vehicle (cyclist only) or possibly drafting collision.

That is all I know.

eldavo

Postby eldavo » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:53 pm

Cheers, I asked a rider as we went past today same time but he didnt pass same time yesterday.

I was born at the hospital, just thought now it be small town Perth dark humour to have an incident and die 100m from there too.

Also dark humour having incident in front of the 'no accidents, no emergencies' hospital, the signs amused me until I understood more than just one type of hospital.

Anyway hope the rider heals up to tell the tale.

Pravda

Postby Pravda » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:03 pm

Saw it aswell but couldn't add anything. Didnt look like car was involved.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
2014 Canyon Aerode SLX
Puegeot Aneto 105
Kona Jake the Snake CX