Route to Int Airport via Token Hwy-help

Route to Int Airport via Token Hwy-help

Postby RideRuby » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:09 pm

Hi guys,
I work at Perth International Airport and reside north in Ashby (Wanneroo Area), looking to ride twice a week- my problem is the area around Bassendean/ Belmont and the Token Highway.
I will probably ride south via Wanneroo Rd/ Ocean Reef/ Alexander Dr/ Hepburn Ave/ Beechboro Rd etc
Can you legally ride on Token Highway? As far as I can tell you can ride on the highway as far as Collier Road intersection. Then there is a cycle track down to Railway Pde/ Guildford Rd...from there I'm lost. Can anyone help with suggestions.
Regards
RideRuby
(Red/white Fuji named after Ruby Rose- shame she bats for the other side)
RideRuby

by BNA » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:00 pm

BNA

Re: Route to Int Airport via Token Hwy-help

Postby bradwoodbr » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:00 pm

Here is a suggestion, so you can get to Dunreath Drive and then international airport.

To Int Airport

An alternative - If you rode through Mt Lawley to the railway line at say Maylands Station, you could ride the PSP to Garratt Rd, then along Garratt to the psp between the river and ascot racecourse and onto Dunreath.
bradwoodbr

Postby wellington_street » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:32 pm

Crossing Collier Road on Jackson/Grey Streets at Bassendean is a nightmare unless you're riding well outside of peak times.

From Stanton Road there's a path down to the shoulder of Tonkin Highway which you can ride to Dunreath if you prefer that. Shoulders on Dunreath are narrow and traffic likes to go very quickly so be wary.
wellington_street

Postby RideRuby » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:22 am

Thanks Brad and Wellington for the advice. I will go on a recon today to sus the route out. Let ya know how I go.
RideRuby

Return to Western Australia