Ride buddy

Ride buddy

Postby wabbs » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:52 pm

looking for another time poor ride buddy who trains on Sat arvos and maybe one night a week in the Rockingham area.
Due to my work I am time poor.
I am 48 ride 28km average, faster guys if you can wait for my fitness to improve or slower guys that want to get a bit faster.
Also want to buddy up to someone local with the view to 3 dams challenge next year.
Anyone looking to buddy up Pm me so we can go for a ride.
wabbs

by BNA » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:13 pm

BNA

Re: Ride buddy

Postby nickobec » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:13 pm

If you could sneak out at 7am on Saturday morning I would suggest the ride from Avanti plus in Rockingham. You could even be home by 8:30am or so if you avoid the coffee and lamingtons. You should probably start out on the 30km group, then once your fitness improves move up to the faster 40km group. Good chance to find a partner for next year's 3 dams there.

Saturday afternoons is race day for me, so I am not giving that up. If you like a competitive edge to your rides, it is an option for you. If you can average 28kph on your own for an hour, 31kph for an hour of racing in E grade is well within your means.http://pdcc.asn.au/

Weeknights my training is riding back to Kwinana from the city
nickobec

Postby wabbs » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:32 pm

My problem is on Saturdays i leave for work about 7:30 ish otherwise i woulds be a starer with either of the local bike shops.
Work gets in my way hence my trouble of finding a regular ride buddy have a couple in the city but we find it hard to get together on a reg basis.
wabbs

Postby env1romelza » Sun May 12, 2013 1:00 pm

If you're really stuck and wanting a cycle buddy around Rocko I'd be keen. Unfortunately I work away but on the week I'm home would be available anytime for a ride. I average a bit lower than you at just under 26km/h on a 50km ride but am wanting to increase that and maybe start riding hills.
Mel
env1romelza

Return to Western Australia