TBE - 1 Day Mega Sale?

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:19 pm

I'd go into TBE and see what they can do. Each time I go in there, some clothing is 50% off (not just xxs or xxl sizes either), and some bikes 20-30% off. It's worth a visit.

I have 2 ridiculous shopping experiences. The first, I was buying a car with my sister. The "salesman" actually told us that 2 women shouldn't go car shopping as they don't know what to look for. My sister races cars, was president of a car club, and we knew enough to walk out of that shop!!

The second was when my husband and I were looking for a house. It was winter and we weren't expecting to be looking at houses, but a new display home had opened that took our eye. Started talking to the "salesman" and asked to see some other plans for their 2 story, 4x2's. He actually looked us up and down (took in the trackies and ugg boots), sniffed, and said "I don't think we have anything that would suit you".

You are right Dave - some people just don't know how to sell stuff.

DaveW

Postby DaveW » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:14 am

acorn wrote:so is the sale still on?

i presume not
In spite of my experience their prices are good, and I know people who have been able to talk deals without a sale on - so it is always worth trying them. :wink:

senator52

Postby senator52 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:04 pm

Pretty much from now on, all 2008 bikes will have negotiable prices, ask them and see what they can do for you. Chances are they will budge if you look keen. TBE generally have a reasonable sale franchise wide about now, last year it was through the papers etc. around July, but they like to give their 'regulars' a chance to buy at a lower price first...

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:05 pm

G'day

The TBE Stocktake Sale is now on ... see http://www.tbe.com.au/

Andrew

cjmonke

Postby cjmonke » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:30 pm

The TBE Stocktake Sale is now on
UH-OH... I'm gonna get into trouble then this weekend :oops:

She just doesn't understand :roll:
Bish
---------------------------------------
Cycling - Passion or Obsession???
Let's go for a ride and work it out...
'08- Amiata Venezia

cray-

Postby cray- » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:47 pm

I noticed Balmoral Cycles [Albany Hwy, Vic Park] had "25% OFF EVERYTHING" on their chalk board out the front of the shop. Don't know if that was just the w/end gone or if it's still in effect. I need to go check them out as I'm told they have a few fixed/track bikes in stock.

Double-Gee

Postby Double-Gee » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:20 pm

cray- wrote:I noticed Balmoral Cycles [Albany Hwy, Vic Park] had "25% OFF EVERYTHING" on their chalk board out the front of the shop.
I was told it was the week leading up to last Saturday (14/06) as this was their first birthday celebration. I almost bought a MTB from there, but my LBS came through with a hard to beat offer on an Orbea.
Road - '09 Cervelo S1 | '07 Vivente Lugano | Late 90's Giant Kronos, Dirt - '08 Orbea Sherpa

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:44 am

For those in the north, Joondalup City Cycles has/had 20% off everything in the store. It was on the weekend but I'm not sure if it is still going. Needed a replacement for my seat bag as the old one fell off somewhere between Mindarie and the north end of Marmion Ave (it was a Continental one if anyone sees it). Managed to get that and some spare tubes etc at a discounted price :) All good!!