Bike Refurbishment

pauls.jurans

Bike Refurbishment

Postby pauls.jurans » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:40 am

Hi,
first of all I'll introduce my self. My name is Paul I'm from Latvia and currently live in Perth. I'm turning 20 in few days and I decided that I'll make my 20 count.
Been riding bikes from age 4, big fan on long road trips and have been a part of bicycle marathons. I know how awesome it is to explore places with a bike and I want to offer tourist the same thing. But not the usual way.

So first I'll tell you about the business I have in mind. It is 100% forum related.
I want to set up (and I am in the process) a bike hire business in Perth area. What is special about this is that I want to donate almost all of the income from the bike hire to various charity's keeping just so much from the hire to keep the bikes in working condition. Now I'm thinking about donating 70% and keeping %30 to cover some small repairs.

What I am looking for now is affordable bikes. Even more I want to find a workshop that is collecting old bikes and refurnishes them. Gives them a nice paint job, oils them up and gives them a second life.

So I'm after a workshop or individual people who would be interested in joining my project.

One option I have looked at is buying bikes from big retailers (k-mart/big w) for a cheap price - less then $100 but I want to give an old bike a new life. (and I don't trust $100 bikes from shops)

Any comments or suggestions would be really appreciated!

Cheers!
Paul

Aushiker

Re: Bike Refurbishment

Postby Aushiker » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:07 am

Maybe check out Dismantle for starters.

Andrew

pauls.jurans

Re: Bike Refurbishment

Postby pauls.jurans » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:11 am

Aushiker wrote:Maybe check out Dismantle for starters.

Andrew
Cheers,
I sent an email to them, waiting for a reply. Just exploring my options