Nice weekend huh?

Nice weekend huh?

Postby moosterbounce » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:05 am

Well, I spent yesterday getting over a migraine and not riding, then did a lovely 60-ish today in what would have to be classed as perfect conditions. Warm (but not too warm for long sleeves), light easterly, birds chirping, frogs croaking - just what the doctor ordered.

Anyone else have a good ride this weekend?
moosterbounce

by BNA » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:25 am

BNA

Postby Kalgrm » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:25 am

:roll: I wish! Got roped into helping a mate fix up his house before the party he threw (luckily, I was invited ....) and today hanging doors and painting. Had the bike with me, but we never got the chance to ride. It would have been a fantastic day for a ride too - I'm jealous.
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------------------------
My web site: www.scenebyhird.com
The Bicycle Transportation Alliance
Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby nimm » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:21 am

I managed to get in a 80km ride on Sat and another 65km ride on Sunday. It was rather cold, but very nice riding weather otherwise :) If you look at my bikejournal log I haven't been doing much riding the past 2 months so I was pretty happy with those kms!
/ Giant OCR / Go Vegan /
nimm

Postby DrJ » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:56 am

Yeah, love it at this time of year when we get a calm/sunny day - its great to be able to get out on the bike in the early afternoon without going through 2 bidons in 10km and nearly collapsing from heat exhaustion!
Very busy at home though now so only managed a short ride yesterday.
DrJ

Postby HappyHumber » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:28 pm

I had originally intended riding to Cottesloe from home (Ferndale) to meet friends there on Saturday - time got away from me and they went home - so I only managed their place Palmyra instead... still better than nothing.

But I don't think you can ask for winter weather much better than this really :)

Tried out the DIY Cree LED lights (a-la, Graeme & Les) for the first time coming home Saturday night. Pretty impressed - though I do have to work on the internal contacts inside the torches. Every bump had the modes on the darn things changing! Coupla little springs to take up some tension in the contacts should do it. Whose got an ol' battery radio I can pinch??
- Kym
Please don't assume I'm on Facebook.
HappyHumber

Postby moosterbounce » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:36 pm

I was gonna ask this question in the General Discussion area but didn't want to make the other side of the country grumpy with the 20 degree light breeze no cloud days :)
moosterbounce

Postby cray- » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:54 pm

More samey, samey here, had every intention of spending some serious time out on my bike this weekend but got caught up doing other things. Did manage to get the knobby tyres back on my MTB in prep for a ride through the hills and gave the drivetrain a degrease and tweak.

Unfortunately I only ended up getting in a quick 30km up the bike path from Jandakot to Canning Bridge and back, late on Sunday arvo. I left my run a bit late and got caught out with no lights and only my prescription sunglasses as the sun was setting. Had to choose between, big blurry mess but slightly lighter, or darker than it really was but at least I can see stuff. Opted for the latter, hope I didn't scare any of the oncoming cycle traffic with my lack of visibility.

Don't think we will be so lucky next weekend, here's the current forecast:

Friday - Showery periods. Min 10 Max 19
Saturday - Few showers, increasing later. Min 9 Max 18
Sunday - Shower or two. Min 11 Max 19
cray-

Postby chalkie » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:35 pm

Yep, the weekend was perfect - sunshine, no surf (or I would have been in the water), pretty cold at 7.20 in the morning at Maylands but warmed up nicely by Greenwood. Not too much traffic up Waneroo road to Quinns rocks and very pleasant back along Marmion and Hodges. Amused the traffic at Hodges by falling off and had a laugh with a driver who sympathised after saying that it made his morning watching me. Why is it that you can never remember falling - one minute you're up and then you are on the deck looking like an idiot trying to escape the grip of the pedals. Down to Hillarys having a brief chat with a roadie who soon blasted off - gee don't their legs go fast!
A refuel stop at Spinnakers for 20 minutes with a few of the local constabulary (no they weren't eating doughnuts) then back down to Swanbourne, through to Kings Park, Crawley, Riverside drive and back to Maylands before 12.00 (just).
Must get a computer thing to check Google who says it's around 100km, so I reckon I've broken the 20kph average without a sore bum. Not bad for an old fart on a hybrid.
chalkie

Postby cjmonke » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:17 pm

A great weekend. Got out on Saturday morning for a lazy 80km from Hillarys to Freo to Perth and then home :D (along that abortion the government calls a cycle path along the freeway)

Ran the 10km around the Causeway/Narrows bridges in the City yesterday (gotta prepare for the City to Surf as well) :lol:

But then went out for a ride tonight and wound up with a puncture not far from home and ran out of decent light so it was abandoned. :roll:

Tried to make as much use of the sunshine as possible before the rain sets in 8)
Bish
Cycling - Passion or Obsession???
Let's go for a ride and work it out...
'08- Amiata Venezia
cjmonke

Return to Western Australia