Kalamunda to Camel Farm

Kalamunda to Camel Farm

Postby Phil » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:17 pm

Hi All

Starting to do a few kms on the MTB to train for the Munda Biddi Ride we are doing in October/November

Been looking for the route via off-road trails from Kalamunda (Bibbulman Track Terminus) to the Camel Farm/Kalamunda Circuit, as I am getting a bit bored of Kep/Railway Reserves etc so the plan was to do the Railway reserve via the Northern side, continue down to Mundaring Weir along the Munda Biddi, and somehow cut through the Back tracks to Kalamunda (off-road otherwise would just follow Mundaring Weir Road), then down zig zag, cut through the trails to join up to the Railway Reserves Trail in Boya, and continue back to start point, which I am guessing is around the 55km mark. But I suspect I will get a bit lost, so I am wondering if anyone has mapped this route and would care to share it with me, via replying here or pm?

I know there is a hep of singletrack around Jorgensen Park, but I must admit I tend to get a bit lost through there without the GPS :oops:
Phil

by BNA » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:19 pm

BNA

Re: Kalamunda to Camel Farm

Postby uglybob » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:19 pm

hey mate are you on strava at all? its easy to search for routes on there.

there are a few different routes out to the camelfarm from kalamunda, on both sides on MW Road.
uglybob

Postby Phil » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:34 pm

Ya I am.

Will have a look and see if I can get anything.

Cheers
Phil
Phil

Postby Phil » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:48 pm

Can see quite a few trails on there, so will print it out and practice my bush navigation skills this weekend (if I can the other blokes to get a bit lost), when its a bit wet.

Thanks for the tip.
Phil

Postby uglybob » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:45 pm

most would head from the coles carpark, down towards pickering brook, then up towards kalamunda. 'old faithful' loop.

are you able to download the GPS from Strava for a loop? i'm a premium member if you want to PM me a circuit you'd like a GPS file from.
uglybob

Return to Western Australia