Curtin Avenue/Marine Parade - Cyclist Down

Aushiker

Curtin Avenue/Marine Parade - Cyclist Down

Postby Aushiker » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:44 pm

I went through the Curtin Avenue / Marine Parade roundabout this morning probably around 7:15 to 7:30 AM. There was a cyclist down on the south-west corner (seen an incident on this corner of the roundabout before). He or she was on the ground covered in a blanket. Police arrived just as I arrived and the ambulance was on the way but delayed by at least four motorists who failed to give way when it was trying to turn left into Curtin Avenue from Victoria Street. What is it with people? Sirens going off, horns going off, red and blue flashing lights and the drive straight pass without a concern in the world.

I hope the cyclist is okay. Lots of people helping out.

Be safe
Andrew
Last edited by Aushiker on Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jlh

Re: Curtin Avenue/Marine Parade - Cyclist Down

Postby jlh » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:34 pm

That roundabout is pretty dicey, I don't like going through there during peak hour. At least heading south they have that little escape path that bikes can go on to go around the traffic flow, but heading north there is nothing.

wellington_street

Re: Curtin Avenue/Marine Parade - Cyclist Down

Postby wellington_street » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:54 pm

I agree jason, and it puts you in a position where you are a separate traffic flow (i.e. next to the 'real' vehicles') so you're out of view/out of care factor region. I much prefer being in primary position or being off on a path and giving way, not this no-man's land.