Adelaide to Perth

Adelaide to Perth

Postby brellis » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:40 pm

Hi guys,

I am just chasing some tips and links that can help me ride from Adelaide to Perth.
In terms of time of year to go I am looking at April 2014 in the hope for favourable winds.
I am also looking for past experience in routes taken and the time frame that it was completed in as it is a ride for charity.
I was also wondering whether you needed clearance or there were any rules about riding along the nullabor.
I am putting in the training beforehand but am keen to hear any training tips in order to best prepare for the ride, as I am looking to do it under 3 weeks.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Brad
brellis

by BNA » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:34 pm

BNA

Re: Adelaide to Perth

Postby Aushiker » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:34 pm

I suggest you review/ask in the Touring Australia sub-forum. Also check out the links listed here. Might be some journals/blogs of interest.

Andrew
"Pedal-pounding pounce" - D. Fluellen - West Australian 13/1/14
Aushiker

Re: Adelaide to Perth

Postby magix66 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:01 pm

Hi Brellis

I just done a charity ride from Perth to Sydney http://perth2sydney.gofundraise.com.au/ and we crossed the nullarbor... I'd say your idea to cross it the other way is excellent as we were battling relentless strong headwinds all the way from WA to SA.
As for riding, well what can I say... you won't need any clearance to travel this road and I must say the truckies were excellent and gave you the necessary space.
We have done it in a relay so 4 teams of 9 rode 75km each twice a day to cover the whole distance... a memory that will stay with you forever!

If you are interested in another charity ride, there's the Variety Bike ride from Sydney via Adelaide to Alice Springs; http://thevarietycycle.gofundraise.com.au/cms/26dayride you can do different stages i.e. from Adelaide to Uluru

Hope that helps :-)
magix66

Return to Western Australia