Asking a favour of any Perthites?

petie

Asking a favour of any Perthites?

Postby petie » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:46 pm

Hi,

My wife and I are bringing our bikes over to Perth on the 31st of December by aeroplane to accompany us on the next part of our round Australia trip.

We have never flown with our bikes before and I was thinking we should pull the bikes down as much as possible to avoid damage, however I won't have access to a torque wrench or my full tool box for reassembly.

I was wondering if someone would be so generous as to allow the use of their tools for half a day for us to reassemble our bikes? We are staying in Perth near the airport, but could travel most places in Perth.

Thanks in advance.

Roobar

Re: Asking a favour of any Perthites?

Postby Roobar » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:03 pm

Hi petite,
Not actually in perth so can't help directly, but it should just be pedals and handlebars. So a pedal spanner and, if you can hunt one out, a ritchey torque key.
It's a small 5nm torque wrench that's light enough to ride with if you aren't a complete weight weenie and takes ?speed bits? (The hexagonal driver bits that are every where anyway.)
I got mine from Wiggle and keep it in the seat bag now.
Rob

Sprocket

Postby Sprocket » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:34 pm

Late reply - but can supply space and tools. I'm in Woodbridge - which is out near Midland. PM me if interested.

petie

Postby petie » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:36 pm

Roobar wrote:Hi petite,
Not actually in perth so can't help directly, but it should just be pedals and handlebars. So a pedal spanner and, if you can hunt one out, a ritchey torque key.
It's a small 5nm torque wrench that's light enough to ride with if you aren't a complete weight weenie and takes ?speed bits? (The hexagonal driver bits that are every where anyway.)
I got mine from Wiggle and keep it in the seat bag now.
Rob
Very interesting, will have a look at one of those Ritchey tools in the future!

Have the basic tools to reassemble, I just want to be very sure that the bikes are in tip top shape (hence the torque wrench) as they will be dragged out into the middle of nowhere for quite some time!

Thanks for all the offers, have sent PMs.
Pete

petie

Postby petie » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:02 pm

Thanks for all the offers, now sorted thanks to a kind and generous BNAer!!