Have you lost your Shogun bike? Perth

Have you lost your Shogun bike? Perth

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:37 pm

On the way in I spotted a bike ditched in the bushes to the side of the PSP 100m north of the Comer Street pedestrain overpass in Como. On the river side of course, adjacent to a light pole.

Image of bike and helmet, see if yuo recognise it:

Fairly harsh dry thicket so expect a few scratches.
Unchain yourself - Ride a unicycle .Image
ColinOldnCranky

by BNA » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:30 pm

BNA

Re: Have you lost your Shogun bike? Perth

Postby Mediocratus » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:30 pm

It was still there when I went by this morning so I have dropped it off at Cannington Police station before the bike ended up in the river or even more vandalised. It was missing the front wheel and front brake which may have been what it was stolen for. It also had a bracket on the bars that looked like it had mounted a computer or Garmin at one time. It looked like a decent bike that the owner had looked after before it was stolen. An 80 or 90's Katana. Hopefully he claims it back and fixes it up.
Mediocratus

Re: Have you lost your Shogun bike? Perth

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:23 pm

Mediocratus wrote:It was still there when I went by this morning so I have dropped it off at Cannington Police station before the bike ended up in the river or even more vandalised. It was missing the front wheel and front brake which may have been what it was stolen for. It also had a bracket on the bars that looked like it had mounted a computer or Garmin at one time. It looked like a decent bike that the owner had looked after before it was stolen. An 80 or 90's Katana. Hopefully he claims it back and fixes it up.

Good thinkin. I hope you didn't get too much bush rash diving in there.

Shoguns were a fairly good bike for commuters and semi-serious sorts back around the early 80's - by the tandards of the time anyway. Double butted crmo of some sort, shimano aero parts etc.
Unchain yourself - Ride a unicycle .Image
ColinOldnCranky

Return to Western Australia