Track Event at the Midvale Speed Dome on 29th June?

HappyHumber

Track Event at the Midvale Speed Dome on 29th June?

Postby HappyHumber » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:14 pm

Guys,

I only know about this through my involvement with the WA Historical Cycle Club; and I will be attending as member thereof but there's a fairly significant calendar event at the SpeedDome on Sunday 29th at which the WAHCC will be presenting a display of members bikes.

I'm trying to drum up some interest amongst other friends for them to attend and maybe soak up a bit of the race atmosphere as well....

but I am stuffed if I can find any online source for details of the event; in terms of start times and general public admission fees. The WAHCC contact has been done verbally through one or two members and has been quite informal. The comment has been made their web presence is very static and minimal with nothing by way of a public calendar or schedule of events.

Is there anyone marauding locally on BNA that maybe able to either
  • Call us a bunch of numpties and provide an informative link or
  • At least clarify from your own knowledge or perhaps printed WA Track Club material the low down for this event?
--
Hit me up via the BNA dm; I'll get an alert. If y'know, you know.

Ben82

Re: Track Event at the Midvale Speed Dome on 29th June?

Postby Ben82 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:40 pm

Here is a link for the event.
http://www.venueswest.wa.gov.au/events/ ... rand-prix/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Also have a look at Track Cycling Western Australia on Facebook there is a flyer there.

HappyHumber

Postby HappyHumber » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:52 pm

AAEEEEEEEEGHHHHHHHHHHH FACEBOOK!

But that aside... thanks Ben :) Other people might appreciate the Facebook stuff ;)

Is the flyer a PDF or similar you can c+p the link; assuming it's publicly viewable?

edit: It's quite possibly the same PDF linked at the base of the Venues West link also provided.
--

Ben82

Postby Ben82 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:14 am

No worries!

Unfortunately the info is alittle hard to come by. TCWA are in the process of finding a new Web designer, hopefully that will help in the future.

The latest from training tonight. There are a number of international athletes traveling over for the GP and over 100 riders registered to race at the event. It is set to be an awsome day of racing.

HappyHumber

Postby HappyHumber » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:25 am

Wicked Sticks! Thanks for the info.

I'll see if I can actually update the WAHCC's Display Event reference to include the Venues West / Gran Prix link you provided for general Public Info. I may have the ability.

Our founding webmaster (and incumbent President) is absconding off over to Ol' Blighty and shan't be available.
--

cray-

Postby cray- » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:33 pm

I got a pre-sale offer from Ticketmaster as I have been previously.
http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/Track-Cy ... TF246174_5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[img1_link

In 2012 Chevron sponsored it and they ran Saturday night as the main event so it felt like a bit more of a show. Good night, a few big Aussie names and lots of impressive racing. Some of the comments on the ticketmaster site about last years daytime event are not so kind.