Realignment of the PSP - North Fremantle

Aushiker

Realignment of the PSP - North Fremantle

Postby Aushiker » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:34 am

Another small but important re-alignment of the Perth-Fremantle PSP is currently being built by the City of Fremantle after long long negotiations with the various stakeholders, mainly Fremantle Ports, to gain access to the land. The PSP is now be re-aligned to the west of the Swan Hotel, North Fremantle to take the path along the railway embankment. This will take cyclists away from the front doors of the hotel.

The realignment is however not just about cyclists as the Council is looking to develop some of the land here as part of a North Fremantle Park 'n Ride route.

More photos of the works can be found on the BikeFreo Facebook page.

Andrew

hiflange

Re: Realignment of the PSP - North Fremantle

Postby hiflange » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:06 pm

Overdue and half baked as usual. Still it will make a change not having to negotiate the smokers outside the pub in summer :-)
In saying that I realise that I mostly choose to ride the road instead of the path in this neck o' the woods lately - to may bumps, too many hazards..

wellington_street

Postby wellington_street » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:46 pm

That turn onto the path from the bridge looks very tight, surely it's not going to be a right-angle bend?

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:42 pm

wellington_street wrote:That turn onto the path from the bridge looks very tight, surely it's not going to be a right-angle bend?
I suspect it will be and in honesty I don't have an issue with this. It will be shared area as part of an integrated transport area and hence there needs to slow down points to ensure that there is safe mixing of users.

Andrew