Western Australia - Perth road ride, Saturday 11/10/08

Western Australia - Perth road ride, Saturday 11/10/08

Postby toofat » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:15 pm

Edit by Graeme:

I've split the old thread off to this one. I can't work out how to insert a new post before this one though, so I'm editing this one

Meeting at the car park underneath the Narrows Bridge at the southern end at 8.00am.


Cheers,
Graeme


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

when is the next one?
thanks
toofat
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:38 am
Location: East Victoria Park,Perth

by BNA » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:44 pm

BNA
 

Postby wilko72 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:44 pm

I am also keen to join in....
wilko72
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:22 pm
Location: Perth

Postby Aushiker » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:49 am

Matty wrote:I think a monthly ride is a good idea. We could even, god forbid, do an afternoon ride. That would be different :shock:

Image

How about we shoot for October 11, 2008? That is a Saturday and maybe we can do a variation on the ride, say go north of the river through to Fremantle this time, maybe taking in Cottesloe?

Andrew
"Pedal-pounding pounce" - D. Fluellen - West Australian 13/1/14
Image
User avatar
Aushiker
 
Posts: 19418
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Fremantle, WA

Postby HappyHumber » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:21 am

~musing~lurking~

What sort of distance & av speed did you blokes cover last time? just about got the fixie on the road again.... silly as it seems I enjoy my circuits more on it more than the gearie.

Kym
Do you enjoy talking in circles? Love arguing over silly semantics with like minded people?
Try an online forum today!
User avatar
HappyHumber
 
Posts: 3866
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:48 pm
Location: Perth, (S.o.R.) W.A.

Postby toofat » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:08 am

'ill be up for that, I can only manage 23 to 24 kph solo on a 60km ride so possibly more in a group, is this too slow? I'm working on tweaking the engine but its a slow process
toofat
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:38 am
Location: East Victoria Park,Perth

Postby Aushiker » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:15 am

toofat wrote:'ill be up for that, I can only manage 23 to 24 kph solo on a 60km ride so possibly more in a group, is this too slow? I'm working on tweaking the engine but its a slow process

Not at all. As Graeme has previously stated it is a social ride so we ride at a pace comfortable for the slowest rider, usually me :)

Andrew
"Pedal-pounding pounce" - D. Fluellen - West Australian 13/1/14
Image
User avatar
Aushiker
 
Posts: 19418
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Fremantle, WA

Postby uMP2k » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:31 pm

Aushiker wrote:
toofat wrote:'ill be up for that, I can only manage 23 to 24 kph solo on a 60km ride so possibly more in a group, is this too slow? I'm working on tweaking the engine but its a slow process

Not at all. As Graeme has previously stated it is a social ride so we ride at a pace comfortable for the slowest rider, usually me :)

Andrew


...and I definately want to try and make the next ride (wished I could have made this one) and your average sounds pretty much right for me!

PS - don't believe Andrew, I sure he can get his shinny new Carbon thingimy up to quite a blazing pace :D
User avatar
uMP2k
 
Posts: 614
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:22 pm
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Postby Aushiker » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:33 pm

uMP2k wrote:PS - don't believe Andrew, I sure he can get his shinny new Carbon thingimy up to quite a blazing pace :D

10 km/h? :-)

The way my commuting is going, I am surprised I am still employed :)

Andrew
"Pedal-pounding pounce" - D. Fluellen - West Australian 13/1/14
Image
User avatar
Aushiker
 
Posts: 19418
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Fremantle, WA

Postby cavebear2 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:26 pm

Aushiker wrote:How about we shoot for October 11, 2008? That is a Saturday and maybe we can do a variation on the ride, say go north of the river through to Fremantle this time, maybe taking in Cottesloe?


Andrew,

I'm interested in the BNA ride 11th October.

Regards

Perry
User avatar
cavebear2
 
Posts: 2139
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:46 am
Location: Perth

Postby Aushiker » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:57 am

cavebear2 wrote:
Aushiker wrote:How about we shoot for October 11, 2008? That is a Saturday and maybe we can do a variation on the ride, say go north of the river through to Fremantle this time, maybe taking in Cottesloe?


Andrew,

I'm interested in the BNA ride 11th October.

Regards

Perry


Great. Will be good to catch up.

Andrew
"Pedal-pounding pounce" - D. Fluellen - West Australian 13/1/14
Image
User avatar
Aushiker
 
Posts: 19418
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Fremantle, WA

Postby Trent » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:43 pm

I could be up for this ride. Would be nice to put some faces to names.
- 08 Diamondback Interval Comp -
Trent
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:33 pm
Location: Roleystone, W.A.

Postby Aushiker » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:50 pm

Trent wrote:I could be up for this ride. Would be nice to put some faces to names.


Great. Myself and Graeme ride in from Fremantle and then loop back. Others meet us in the city and do the loop from there, so options for what works for you.

Graeme can we please change the subject line for this thread to reflect the October 11 date?

Andrew
"Pedal-pounding pounce" - D. Fluellen - West Australian 13/1/14
Image
User avatar
Aushiker
 
Posts: 19418
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Fremantle, WA

Postby Kalgrm » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:26 pm

I've split the message off. Hope it works okay ...
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------------------------
My web site: www.scenebyhird.com
---------------------------------------
The Bicycle Transportation Alliance
User avatar
Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 9236
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Spearwood, 9km SE of Fremantle, WA

Postby Aushiker » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:29 pm

Kalgrm wrote:I've split the message off. Hope it works okay ...


Sounds good to me. Thanks.

Andrew
"Pedal-pounding pounce" - D. Fluellen - West Australian 13/1/14
Image
User avatar
Aushiker
 
Posts: 19418
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Fremantle, WA

Postby Kalgrm » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:33 pm

Got a time in mind Andrew? I'll update the first post.
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------------------------
My web site: www.scenebyhird.com
---------------------------------------
The Bicycle Transportation Alliance
User avatar
Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 9236
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Spearwood, 9km SE of Fremantle, WA

Postby Aushiker » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:44 pm

Kalgrm wrote:Got a time in mind Andrew? I'll update the first post.


6:30 AM? :D I suspect that might upset too many people... shall we say 8:00 AM at South Per as per the last ride?

Andrew
"Pedal-pounding pounce" - D. Fluellen - West Australian 13/1/14
Image
User avatar
Aushiker
 
Posts: 19418
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Fremantle, WA

Postby Kalgrm » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:46 pm

Sounds good to me. I'll edit that first post again.

Cheers,
Graeme

(with 8.00am as the time ...)
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------------------------
My web site: www.scenebyhird.com
---------------------------------------
The Bicycle Transportation Alliance
User avatar
Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 9236
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Spearwood, 9km SE of Fremantle, WA

Postby gsxrboy » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:26 pm

Sounds good to me too.
gsxrboy
 
Posts: 569
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:19 pm
Location: Perth

Postby cray- » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:22 pm

I think I'm free that w/end. I'll have to check. Been avoiding the forums for the past 4-6 wks as I came down with a bad case of whooping cough and today will be my first ride in quite some time. Hopefully I haven't lost too much of what little form I had.
cray-
 
Posts: 758
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:55 pm
Location: SOR.perth.au

Postby Trent » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:06 pm

Aushiker wrote:
Trent wrote:I could be up for this ride. Would be nice to put some faces to names.


Great. Myself and Graeme ride in from Fremantle and then loop back. Others meet us in the city and do the loop from there, so options for what works for you.

Graeme can we please change the subject line for this thread to reflect the October 11 date?

Andrew


Well because I live in Roleystone I will either ride to the city or drive there with my bike in the back. Depends on how I feel on the day. Managed my first 130km ride today, before today my longest ride was 55km. Quite proud!
- 08 Diamondback Interval Comp -
Trent
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:33 pm
Location: Roleystone, W.A.

Postby wilko72 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:40 pm

Well done Trent.....Where did you ride et cetera
wilko72
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:22 pm
Location: Perth

Postby Kalgrm » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:44 pm

Well done Trent! Good day for that hundred.

Cheers,
Graeme
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------------------------
My web site: www.scenebyhird.com
---------------------------------------
The Bicycle Transportation Alliance
User avatar
Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 9236
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Spearwood, 9km SE of Fremantle, WA

Postby Kalgrm » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:45 pm

Kalgrm wrote:Sounds good to me. I'll edit that first post again.

Cheers,
Graeme

(with 8.00am as the time ...)

Just a note to clarify: when I said this, I meant I can fix the time to suit. I doubt I'll be there since I expect to be visiting friends in Newman around that time.

Cheers,
Graeme
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------------------------
My web site: www.scenebyhird.com
---------------------------------------
The Bicycle Transportation Alliance
User avatar
Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 9236
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Spearwood, 9km SE of Fremantle, WA

Postby Trent » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:05 pm

Well I rode from Roleystone to Kalamunda. Went the Brookton Hwy, Canning Rd way, that was roughly 25kms. Then met up with a mate and we rode down Kalamunda Rd and I hit a new top speed at 76km/h (that was fun!) then we turned into Hale Rd and kept riding through the Tonkin Hwy lights until we got to Roe Hwy and we took the bicycle path that follows the Roe Hwy until we got to the Kwinana Fwy and we followed that to Leederville. Stopped at Cranked Cafe for lunch then went back pretty much the same way but did the Goosberry Hill Rd climb which absolutely murdered me! That was pretty much the ride. Haha!
- 08 Diamondback Interval Comp -
Trent
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:33 pm
Location: Roleystone, W.A.

Postby Trent » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:04 am

I plotted out the trip there...the way back was basically the same http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Roleystone-Leederville
- 08 Diamondback Interval Comp -
Trent
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:33 pm
Location: Roleystone, W.A.

Next

Return to Western Australia

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Scott_C



Support BNA
Click for online shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Cycling Express Cycling Express
Ebay Ebay AU
ProBikeKit ProBikeKit UK
Evans Cycles Evans Cycles UK
JensonUSA Jenson USA
JensonUSA Competitive Cyclist