BikeBug

jaseyjase

BikeBug

Postby jaseyjase » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:36 pm

Just took advantage of 25% off Tyre sale at Bikebug and thought id try the pick up option as they are now in Subi (i think the old Bikeforce?)

Looks like its going to take just as long, eta pick up time is 14th of June.

I was wishfully thinking they had stock in their local store and i could just go and pick it up today/tomorrow :oops:

biker jk

Re: BikeBug

Postby biker jk » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:13 pm

jaseyjase wrote:Just took advantage of 25% off Tyre sale at Bikebug and thought id try the pick up option as they are now in Subi (i think the old Bikeforce?)

Looks like its going to take just as long, eta pick up time is 14th of June.

I was wishfully thinking they had stock in their local store and i could just go and pick it up today/tomorrow :oops:
In Sydney they have a warehouse from which the orders are sent out including to the storefronts if you choose pickup.

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:38 pm

Looks like i had nothing to fear!

Ordered yesterday morning and items have arrived instore already!

Next Day delivery! super thumbs up!!!

eldavo

Postby eldavo » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:40 pm

Thanks, will add BikeBug to my "local" bike shops to check.

PS: TBE had a tempting N+1 oddity I won't mention, but I'm usually impressed with their LBS network.

dogmaf10

A VERY BAD FIRST EXPERIENCE BUYING FROM BIKEBUG Australia

Postby dogmaf10 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:03 am

Had A VERY BAD FIRST EXPERIENCE BUYING FROM BIKEBUG ONLINE.

They were using multiple couriers for shipping into Singapore. When the goods landed in Singapore, a local courier they appointed is requesting for additional admin fees to release the goods. I contacted David from Bikebug and he simply provided the fine print below...

"Overseas Shipments
Shipments overseas might be subject to duties and taxes specific to the country of destination and these are the responsibility of the customer. It is against the law to understate the value of items we sell and we will not do this in any circumstances."

Now, lets get this straight. I AM NOT AND WILL NEVER ASK TO UNDERSTATE the value of the items I have purchased nor am I trying to evade govt taxes. My request to David is simple - to manage the admin fees which their appointed courier is trying to make a few more extra dollars from consumers. I have already paid the freight cost as part of my total billing for the goods. The only fee I am expected to pay when the goods arrive is the prevailing govt GST. Nothing more.

The admin fee is 10% of the goods, which is unjustifiable.

Given the response from David, its obvious they are NOT keen on after sales service. I am not keen to deal with them either.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:51 am

As a note, as the admin I am one of the moderators who approve the first member posts - normally we don't allow name-and-shame posts, especially from brand new members as their first post. With name and shame it is one side of the story (this comment isn't a judgement on who is right or wrong) and frequently the single posts with name and shame are posted on multiple sites - instead the approach is to concentrate on praising / recommending good shop to help guide others.

However, the post, on reading caught my eye as it doesn't seam to be an unreasonable position from BikeBug, unless stated - online retailers are not liable for local costs and levies. I don't know the content of your query to them so it is not possible to get a clear picture on this.

Often the freight companies manage local levies so I don't feel that it is unreasonable to assume that the charges are local taxes or levies. I don't know the Singaporian laws on imports but assume that there are some costs.

The next part of the equation is a admin fee and at face value it doesn't sound fair. That said, if it is standard policy in Singapore to levy this, then it can be difficult to get out of it.

I had the displeasure of dealing with UPS in Australia on an import from America. Even after paying UPS $300 for delivery, the Australian office levied fee on top of GST and customs duty which was simply an internal revenue tool to get some more cash - I am not ashamed to said that the staff I dealt with at UPS Australia were spineless when I 'attempted' to recover it and even UPS in the US said the charge was not right and should not be levied.

However, that was a courier charge and completely separate from the transaction with my supplier. In your case, BikeBug have a freight partner who have then handed-over to another freight partner so BikeBug are out of the loop without control and probably knowledge about that tactics.

You can politely ask BikeBug for a contact partner with their logistics partner and take up the matter with them. You can also politely raise it with BikeBug and let them know that the logistic partners are adding additional delivery fees on top of government levies. As an online retailer they certainly want to be competitive so I feel they would seriously evaluate their delivery partners. If the partners are 'skimming' and eventually making the retailer less competitive and less attractive for consumers, that becomes a problem. However, informing isn't going to reolve the immediate issue, just help improve in the future.

For the immediate issue, get in touch with the contracted delivery partner (from Australia) and get their verdict. If they share the same view that the door to door delivery service has been paid for, they may be able to help resolve. (Similarly, if they realise that the other company are not providing a fair service - then their partnership will be questioned).

Onto the delivery company in Singapore - get onto google and find out whether they can legally add their own services free and find out what other online shoppers have to say about the company. If the company is international, contact the international office and put in a polite formal enquire whether the practice is acceptable. If the practice is questionable, then lodge a complaint with the government consumer rights department/organisation.

On every step of the way, be polite and keep in mind that it is easier for a company like the delivery one to ignore you and let the problem disappear, most customers are not prepared to challenge it.

If you have the patience and tie, then you can also sit-it-out. When the freight company can't deliver then the delivery is not completed and (typically) would be returned which is a hassle and extra cost. It means you then get your money back because you can clearly document that the goods are not received and show that a delivery company was adding additional fees to 'skim' customers.

Christopher
Cycling is in my BNA

XIX

Postby XIX » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:46 pm

It does seem odd the situation above, but I guess that is one of the risks of buying items online with international delivery. Sometimes it goes your way and sometimes it doesn't.

In regards to BikeBug Subi, the guys are brilliant and they have helped me on many occasions (a long with a few other great stores in Perth, like speedshop, bespoke etc). Would not hesitate to recommend them, and if you call them rather than buy online they will generally take care of you better if they can anyway.