Jorgesen Park MTB Trails

paul85

Jorgesen Park MTB Trails

Postby paul85 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:18 pm

Is anyone aware if there are actually sign posted trails or a good map of Jorgensen park in Kalamunda?

uglybob

Re: Jorgesen Park MTB Trails

Postby uglybob » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:06 pm

nothing signposted, and no maps avail like the KC / Langford Park etc. what type of trails are you after? if its easy ones, there are some green ones out near the camelfarm. a down / up loop.

Troy C

Postby Troy C » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:29 pm

The 4hr race is on there on Sunday 9th of October.
After 4hrs and 200+ Riders doing laps, a good,identifiable track will appear. :)
Rota-M Cycling Team, Board Member of ATTA, Member of CWA, WCMCC

Graeme H

Postby Graeme H » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:00 pm

paul85 wrote:Is anyone aware if there are actually sign posted trails or a good map of Jorgensen park in Kalamunda?
There are good orienteering maps of Jorgensen Park, with some older maps extending into Kalamunda NP.
These were prepared for the purpose of navigating on foot, so the classification of trails may not be very informative for cycling.

As a starting point you could try this permanent course map on the OAWA website:
http://www.wa.orienteering.asn.au/image ... _Score.pdf

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:26 pm

Troy C wrote:The 4hr race is on there on Sunday 9th of October.
After 4hrs and 200+ Riders doing laps, a good,identifiable track will appear. :)
Got any info on this? Can the general public go along and watch? I reckon my kids (and myself) would enjoy having a look
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

NASHIE

Postby NASHIE » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:39 pm

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:36 pm

Dusting off this thread - has anyone ridden around Jorgensen Park with kids? My son and I might like to go and explore on our mountain bikes. If it's an old reclaimed golf course then hopefully the terrain won't be too hardcore for a 7 year old?

Where's a good spot to park and access from?
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

uglybob

Postby uglybob » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:59 pm

best place to park would be at the carpark at the end of crescent road. you can ride pretty well anywhere through there, either on the old fairways or the single track you can find.

if you want something more enjoyable, there is the skills loop at the camelfarm, far more interesting than the jorg park.

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:02 pm

uglybob wrote:best place to park would be at the carpark at the end of crescent road. you can ride pretty well anywhere through there, either on the old fairways or the single track you can find.

if you want something more enjoyable, there is the skills loop at the camelfarm, far more interesting than the jorg park.
We've been to the Camel Farm a few times and did the last kids group ride which he enjoyed, but the climbing is a challenge for him at this stage so I figured a flatter but still "off road" ride might be worth investigating. As long as it's bumpy and not smooth, he's happy :) I doubt he'll ever be a roadie!

NASHIE

Postby NASHIE » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:00 pm

Jorg Park is a bit of a bore. Heritage trail is good for younger kids. Plenty of spots to park and do sections at a time i.e. Park at Mundaring and ride to Saywers Valley and back etc. Plenty of maps if you google Heritage trail. Goat farm also has a skills course and flatter section with jumps etc at the bottom that kids enjoy.