sunday ride?

nimm

sunday ride?

Postby nimm » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:14 am

Anyone go for a sunday ride? The weather was much nicer than yesterday, although I did head out on sat in the morning and got thoroughly drenched :)

Today I went for a training ride up the hills, kinda in preparation for the next cyclosportif. Well I was totally smashed by the end, my legs didn't seem to have any strength left (but not quite a bonk since I felt like I was OK) :) 105km (AT) 27kph avg all up for me and I must say I've been a bit tired the rest of the day.

I was interested to see what kind of climbing we did so I plugged the hills bit into bikely to have a look:

FYI we went up Welshpool Rd, onto Lesmurdie, then Canning Rd to Mundaring Weir Rd. We didn't go all the way to Mundaring though, we turned around and headed to Pickering Brook. I then headed back along Canning to Welshpool Rd.
/ Giant OCR / Go Vegan /

JB

Postby JB » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:47 pm

hi nimm,
hills a great for improving strength i reckon.

if you want to join in a group from south perth you can see all the routes they do here:

http://www.perthcycling.com.au/southper ... age_id=367

unfortunately i can't make it this sunday - but the next route gets posted before hand on the friday usually.