Bikes for homeless people (Perth)

twowheels

Re: Bikes for homeless people (Perth)

Postby twowheels » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:47 pm

Rolled out and delivered three more bikes for homeless people this week. Made room for my next two rebuilds.
I’ve been asked if I have a “girl” frame bike available. I’ve got the frame but missing a fork, wondering if anyone could help with a 26" fork, (rigid preferred, suspension okay), with linear pull brake bosses, 1 inch threaded steerer X 165/170 mm long.
thanks Image thanks

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:48 pm

twowheels wrote:I focus my efforts on 26" vee brake geared mountain bikes with three piece bottom brackets (loose bearing or cartridge). This provides good interchangeability of parts and makes storage less of an issue. (the plus one above is a 700C flip flop hub fixie I'm giving a once over for one of the shelters). I do use 26" one piece frames as a source of "common" parts, reflectors, bells, forks, chains, derailleurs, wheels, tyres, tubes etc. Other bikes can also be a source of parts including bottom brackets.
thanks
I might be able to source 2 Apollo 700c hybrids if you can make use of them? They've been left out in the rain and then put in a doorless shed so while the frame and wheels are fine (I think the flat tyres just need pumping, or new tubes), the shift and brake wires and housings are split and frayed, and there's surface rust, and the chain is rusty etc etc....

Want me to find out? They're in Middle Swan.
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

twowheels

Postby twowheels » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:35 pm

Mububban wrote: I might be able to source 2 Apollo 700c hybrids if you can make use of them? They've been left out in the rain and then put in a doorless shed so while the frame and wheels are fine (I think the flat tyres just need pumping, or new tubes), the shift and brake wires and housings are split and frayed, and there's surface rust, and the chain is rusty etc etc....

Want me to find out? They're in Middle Swan.
Yes, please. I've got only three frames and parts at the moment and four specific orders. thanks!

twowheels

Postby twowheels » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:35 pm

twowheels

Postby twowheels » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:04 pm

Supplied another bike during the week, via Salvos this time. Have also dealt with RUAH and Uniting Care West/Tranby since lunar_ c suggested.
Thanks to lunar_c for permission to quote his post responses on my @BitsaBikesWA https://m.facebook.com/BitsaBikesWA/ facebook page.
Thanks also to those members that have helped otherwise. Still chasing that last fork ( post 12/7/17) .....

lunar_c

Postby lunar_c » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:53 am

I'm always happy to be contacted if I can help mate. One thing I sure can do is talk bikes :P

There are at least 2-3 hybrids sitting at Tom fisher house in northbridge that you're welcome too .. one is a step through IIRC, I just need to get enough time during a shift one evening to pick them up and bring them to you.

I'm just so freaking busy at the moment!

twowheels

Postby twowheels » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:47 pm

lunar_c wrote:I'm always happy to be contacted if I can help mate. One thing I sure can do is talk bikes :P

There are at least 2-3 hybrids sitting at Tom fisher house in northbridge that you're welcome too .. one is a step through IIRC, I just need to get enough time during a shift one evening to pick them up and bring them to you.

I'm just so freaking busy at the moment!
Perhaps you know where they are hidden away? I've contacted TFH about what I'm doing and by phone to ask about the bikes, they might have disposed of them? If you could locate and bring that would be great.

twowheels

Postby twowheels » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:55 pm

Just finished another bike, this one will be distributed via RUAH. I made it the subject of the process album in the Bitsa Bikes page. https://www.facebook.com/pg/BitsaBikesW ... 2827906608

Collected a couple of bikes from forum member Mububban yesterday, thanks again for the generosity of you and family.

twowheels

Postby twowheels » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:00 pm

Just completed Bitsa Bikes first step through
https://www.facebook.com/BitsaBikesWA/p ... =3&theater

twowheels

Postby twowheels » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:16 pm

Thanks again Mububban, your bike ready for delivery.
https://www.facebook.com/BitsaBikesWA/p ... =3&theater

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:03 pm

Great to see it getting a new lease on life
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

twowheels

Postby twowheels » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:09 pm

The second bike donated by Mububban ready for delivery (thank you!)
https://www.facebook.com/BitsaBikesWA/p ... 98563340:0

Bookervab

Bikes for homeless people Perth

Postby Bookervab » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:51 am

Where in Perth? SOR or far North? I think that makes a difference to where you stop.

How far off the highway do you want to go?

Id be tempted to just give them a device and maybe just stop at a roadhouse for the loo/drink and hit the road again. Its not that long a drive with the new highway.