BWA CEO Resigns

rolandp

BWA CEO Resigns

Postby rolandp » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:56 pm

From BWA:
"I am writing to you to advise that our CEO, Jeremey Murray, has recently resigned and will be leaving the organisation at the end of September 2017.

On behalf of the Board, staff and members, I would like to express my sincere thanks to Jeremey for his dedication and commitment to Bicycling Western Australia and I wish him every success in his future endeavours.

Jeremey commenced as our inaugural CEO in December 2011 and during this time we have seen our membership numbers more than double, a significantly higher media profile and BWA recognised as a valued and respected advocate working with all levels of government in Western Australia.

As a result, BWA is now recognised as the foremost independent representative organisation for people who ride bikes in Western Australia.

“It has been an absolute pleasure working with so many wonderful, passionate people during my six years with BWA. We have seen a lot of progress in that time with bikes and riding now firmly on the political agenda and in the minds of so many people throughout the State. I look forward to continuing my association with BWA as a member and hopefully as a rider in the 2018 Dams Challenge!” Jeremey said.

The Board will commence the recruitment process for a new CEO very soon.

Kind regards

Dave Hutson
President
BWA"

What should be the priorities be for the new CEO?

Thoglette

Re: BWA CEO Resigns

Postby Thoglette » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:16 pm

rolandp wrote:What should be the priorities be for the new CEO?
That's a question for the board :-)
Stop handing them the stick! - Dave Moulton
"People are worthy of respect, ideas are not." Peter Ellerton, UQ

Thoglette

Re: BWA CEO Resigns

Postby Thoglette » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:03 pm

Once more, with feeling. New President last month, no CEO this month. After only 8 months in the seat.
BWA Media wrote: Debra Graham, Bicycling Western Australia (BWA) Chief Executive Officer has announced her resignation. “I am privileged to have been involved with BWA during a significant period of change,” Ms Graham said. “The organisation has taken strategic steps towards a strong and focused sustainable future.” Full stateme

Thoglette

BWA CEO Appointed

Postby Thoglette » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:22 pm

An inside hire, and a long-range commuter. Both of which bode well.
BWA Media wrote: Bicycling Western Australia (BWA) is pleased to announce the appointment of a new Chief Executive Officer for Western Australia’s largest independent membership-based organisation for bike riders.
Board President, James Fairbairn, today announced the appointment of Chris Gaskell to the position.
“After a very comprehensive recruitment process, the Board is delighted to secure Chris for the role,”
“Chris has twenty plus years’ experience in building teams, lifting performance and driving transformation both here in Western Australia and across Europe.” Mr Fairbairn said.
Prior to accepting this role Chris held a voluntary member position on BWA’s Events Advisory Group and has been the Interim CEO since June 2018. He has well-rounded knowledge and understanding of the organisation.
“Chris is already buckled down on upcoming projects and initiatives in BWA’s strategic plan.” Mr Fairbairn said.
“I am absolutely thrilled with the appointment,” Mr Gaskell said. “As someone who commutes about 10,000 kilometers per year, spends many a weekend racing bikes and has a passion for leadership, this is a fantastic opportunity for me to contribute to the cycling community of Western Australia.”
“The Board and team are thrilled to work with Chris and excited for the future.” Mr Fairbairn said.