Puncture on Jutland Pde

SoRCommute

Puncture on Jutland Pde

Postby SoRCommute » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:03 am

Bugger. Picked up a puncture on my Regular Sunday ride. Carpenter's tack right through the rear tyre opposite the park at the top of Jutland Pde Dalkieth..
There is some building work going on up there, though this sort of tack is uncommon now I think (since most cabinet work now is prefab). Maybe there is a vengeful local trying to stop bikes using the area?

Anyone else hitting tacks in the area?

IncognitoMosquito

Re: Puncture on Jutland Pde

Postby IncognitoMosquito » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:42 pm

Know of one group who picked up 3 punctures - all tacks - on Saturday. Their repair stop was just after turning onto Birdwood Parade after the Avenue, so a little earlier than yours but much the same area. Several others noted with flats also. Choice.

SoRCommute

Postby SoRCommute » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:36 pm

Thanks IncognitoMosquito. I spoke with City of Nedlands who immediately recognised the need to investigate further and make the area safe again. They understood the effect on cycles but also mentioned risks to dogs, kids and others in the area and it sounds like they will be straight on it.
Meantime, cyclists should take care in the area, and maybe avoid riding too close to the kerb for a while.... and be mindful of the locals and our possible effects on their quiet home lives.

Hugor

Postby Hugor » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:02 am

A couple of my friends reported tack punctures near Steves on the popular river loop.
Looks like this problem is coming here too now!
:(