Bus station parking

Wixxy

Bus station parking

Postby Wixxy » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:49 pm

Any reason why parking rails etc are a rare beast at bus stations unlike their train cousins in Perth?

I use public transport a lot and pass through most stations, and for people wanting to combine biking with bus travel only Ellenbrook, Mirrabooka and Morley have provisions. Morley may be a staff locker as it’s always locked and empty!

I use the Ellenbrook lockers a lot and am thinking of using a locker at Mirrabooka for a last leg commute to one of my jobs.
Last edited by Wixxy on Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Scott_C

Re: Bus st parking

Postby Scott_C » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:08 pm

PTA respond to demand to the degree that budgets allow.

Either use the Feedback Form or make a comment to the Info Line on 13 62 13 so that they have evidence of the unmet demand.

Wixxy

Re: Bus st parking

Postby Wixxy » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:03 pm

They also respond to requests without demand it seems.

Lockers at Mirrabooka and Morley are staff only. But they are adding new u-rails now to Morley by the end of Nov. Mirrabooka already has rails.

Great news - but no locker that I was looking for. Hope it helps all those currently using the perimeter fence at Morley for locking bikes to.

Wixxy

Re: Bus station parking

Postby Wixxy » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:36 pm

U-rails fitted this last week at Morley - some 3 weeks after asking. Top service, am going to compliment them online.

Still one brain cell chained their bike to the fence.

twowheels

Postby twowheels » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:09 am

Wixxy wrote: Still one brain cell chained their bike to the fence.
It might be for ease of departure. I know kids at a school park their bike at a bus stop & walk across the school oval instead of in the bike racks in the middle of the school for this reason. They found they can leave school faster!

Wixxy

Postby Wixxy » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:22 pm

Fair point 2Whls. But other users may have had their bikes removed at other stations by Transperth - got to be even handed.