Perth Holiday Bike Hire

kleggy

Perth Holiday Bike Hire

Postby kleggy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:52 pm

Hey,

I'm heading over to Perth for a 1.5 week holiday to visit some family. Have never been to Perth before & would love to spend some time looking around the city by bike.

I've found a few places that hire out bikes, and they have been really helpful in assisting with what they have to offer and sizing. Namely Livelo.

I was wondering if anyone had anyone else that they could recommend, perhaps bike shops as opposed to dedicated hire places. Would love to perhaps hire one for 2-3 days, and go for an early morning ride each day, but (AT) $90-$100 a day, it doesn't seem feasible.

Any suggestions?

Also, any rides that people can suggest? Will be staying with family at Giraween.

Thanks in Advance!

NASHIE

Re: Perth Holiday Bike Hire

Postby NASHIE » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:01 pm

Just looked at the 'About Bike Hire' website and it looks like you can hire anything from carbon road bike to hybrid for under $100 for 3 days.

They are on the river and very close to the CBD. Im sure they would have maps and advice on rides. From CBD you can ride prity much NSEW on PSP paths and short/long loops around river etc.

kleggy

Postby kleggy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:17 pm

NASHIE wrote:Just looked at the 'About Bike Hire' website and it looks like you can hire anything from carbon road bike to hybrid for under $100 for 3 days.
Great! I'll try and contact them to see what bike is offered as there Carbon Road Bike.

twowheels

Postby twowheels » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:34 pm

My thought was About Bike Hire also, rates seem reasonable. They sell some stuff too from memory.
Google "perth fremantle stirling bike map" & download the first result pdf, it has every street including Girrawheen. Hard copies available at bike shops, Georges on Wanneroo Road comes to mind close to Girrawheen
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=pert ... e&ie=UTF-8

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:26 pm

The LBS near the corner of HIll St and Hay Street in the CBD (near the Perth Mint) sometimes hires out bikes. Often from a small fleet of bikes bouhgt in to lease to some function or conference or a theatre production for a short time. The same bikes are usually available for discounted puurchase. Basic bikes but low usage/almost new.

Cycle Centre, 326 Hay St. (08) 9325 1176. The owner is Ryan.
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle

novice_101

Postby novice_101 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:06 pm

My dad has visited me a couple times, and he's used the Cycle Centre on Hay St. on the corner of Hill St. Never had any issues with them, seem like a good bunch :)