Twas 27c out in the Alice today

sandman

Twas 27c out in the Alice today

Postby sandman » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:39 pm

Had a lazy morning so after lunch I decided to HTFU out around Ilparpa loop, out to the Airport, back into town for a coffe, up Anzac hill and back home....Loop around 55km and temp OVER 27c :-) :-) Wind really kicked in towards the end with darn 30km headwind...

Had a quick look at the Penrith Temp in Sydney, a massive 15c today... BWHAHAHAHA.... Sorry, I cant help it, 27c was just awesome today. Heading out with the Alice Club tomorrow morning for another 60km

Sandman

Spiza

Re: Twas 27c out in the Alice today

Postby Spiza » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:01 pm

Get all that laughter out of your system now Pete because you won't be laughing Monday morning when it's 0°C for your commute to work. I'll be the one laughing :lol: :lol:

I think I need to buy some warmer cycling gear :(

sandman

Re: Twas 27c out in the Alice today

Postby sandman » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:08 pm

Spiza

it sooo sux when you're cold, thats one thing that used to $hit me before I spent the $$$. Thermal tops are relatively cheap from Anaconda or similar, the skins are there too, get the slazenger or similar, they are cheap. The long sleeve jersey is probably the killer, a good one is gunna be over $100 at least. Booties, buy the bloody things, cold feet is a shocker :-) Oh, and get a Gillet or similar... yeah ok me not ur mumma but you get the drift :-)

My first minor hill climb in 6 months pushed the legs, going to plan doing lots of reps up Anzac hill, I think thats where my sanity will be found :-) 10 reps is the go I reckon

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&sour ... 15&iwloc=A

Sandman on Anzac