Cyclists forced off the road

sandman

Cyclists forced off the road

Postby sandman » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:44 am

Appears that its a universal constant, Bus v's car v's Cyclist, you know who's going to come off worse. Had a snippet from the boys today, 2 regulars riding single file down Hatt rd at 6:00am in the dark with full lights, bus rolls up to them to give a wide berth, puts indicators on to go out and around, 2 cars back Fangio decides to overtake and causes bus to attempt to re-enter lane which in turn pushes cyclists off the road into the bushes.....

Think there are going to be some serious words had today at work. You wonder what posesses drivers to arrive 10 seconds earlier at all costs. Hard to say today what the alternatives for the bus would have been, I reckon he/she should have stayed out there and let the car sail off into the dirt... more metal to protect that fool than lycra on the cyclists...

Bus driver and 1st car behind have all put a complaint in at work, will be interesting what happens...

Sandman

Kev365428

Re: Cyclists forced off the road

Postby Kev365428 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:39 pm

Sounds nasty.

Keep us informed.

Kev.

leximack

Postby leximack » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:20 pm

Does Fangio work with your company Pete?

ruscook

Postby ruscook » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:06 pm

Like Don said, does the car driver work for your company? Even so if it's a public road "work" would have no say over his behaviour unless it's police type role with a 24hr component for acceptable behaviour. Be interested in the details (well as much as you can tell us)..

glad all are ok.
Russ
GT Avalanche 1.0 | TCR Alliance 0 | Giant Bowery | BMW K1300R
Two wheels good, Four wheels bad

sandman

Postby sandman » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:40 pm

Well I think it will involve a black SUV, hoods and a Mac flight to Guantanamo bay :-) eh eh , all jokes aside, I suspect the person will get a serious talking to by the "Seniors"....its simply stupid to drive at that speed on that road in the dark. Only last week a guy smacked into a HUGE roo on that road, bits of BMW everywhere ! I just hope they slow down, even though they have put a speed limit into NT, people still go out of their way to roll cars and kill people, seems to be in our nature :-)

Sandman