Hate to shake my head but.....

sandman

Hate to shake my head but.....

Postby sandman » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:22 pm

Rang one of the local LBS's today (not my BESTEST buddies Lifecycles), one in town and asked if he happened to have any spare "Shimano 10spd cassette spacer rings".. the 1mm spacer...he said, all our cassettes dont come with them...HUH ? How can that be, every ultegra cassette I've ever bought has the spacer.

He said "bring the part in and we'll see if we have them"... I dont have the part, thats the problem :-) After that he showed little interest and was glad when I said "thankyou, don't worry"...

C'mon, how can an LBS not know spacers come with Road Shimano Cassettes !!!!

Sandman high and dry !

Postman Pat

Re: Hate to shake my head but.....

Postby Postman Pat » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:49 pm

Not an expert but will a copper washer do as a temporary fix till the right spacer can be obtained most likely from your local plumber supply shop soft enough to conform to shape but hard enough to keep spacer distance :?: they look like flattened "o"rings but made of copper :mrgreen:

sandman

Postby sandman » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:37 pm

Pat

I like ur thinking but this is Alice....adds to the challenge of getting things..Twizzle has been SO nice and has mailed me a ring so I think I'm ok.... couldn't believe that LBS is daft, then again I shouldn't be surprised..

Sandman

master6

Postby master6 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:14 am

I hope they have lifted their game since 2009, as one of my brood has just moved to Alice and will be wanting LBS to reassemble the bike.