Perth to Brisbane Ride

All about touring, whether you are a local or visiting from overseas.

Perth to Brisbane Ride

Postby palmer707 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:30 pm

Gday all,

I am planning to attempt a ride from Perth to Brisbane in Oct 2008. At the moment I am just gathering info for the trip and was wondering if anyone had any info about the type of roads there were. As far as I know, they are all sealed but what type of bike would be most suitable???

If anyone has any other info or tips for me about I would be very appreciative, so far CRANK has been very helpful. :lol:
palmer707

by BNA » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:19 pm

BNA

Postby heavymetal » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:19 pm

Are you planning on carrying all of your own gear? Do you plan any side trips off road?

If sticking to the road, I'd use a touring bike, which may be hard to locate in Australia :shock:

I have a load of information on road conditions, but you've probably got it from CRANK :D

Kev.
There is only one BicycleWA.
heavymetal
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby palmer707 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:20 pm

Sorry but Crank hasnt passed on any info about the road conditions. I will most probably be carrying my gear. Do you think you could pass on any info about the road conditions? Thanks
palmer707

Postby heavymetal » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:59 pm

Are you going to Brisbane, via the southern route and across the Nullarbor Plain, or are you intending to ride north from Perth, and across the top of Australia.

I've got some info about the WA roads, but nothing east of the WA border. Us sandgropers just don't go there. :D

Kev.
There is only one BicycleWA.
heavymetal
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby McPete » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:37 pm

Were you planning to buy the bike, or rent it? If you're buying, a Vivente World Randonner might be the shot, and there are a few dealers about the place, so one should be reasonably easy to get hold of.

P.
McPete

Return to Touring Australia