cycling nz

All about touring, whether you are a local or visiting from overseas.

cycling nz

Postby Julia » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:00 pm

Hi!

I want to cycle new zealands south island in january and february. Anybody cycling there at this time and still looking for a cycling partner?

Where else could I search for cycling partners? Is there any special forum for nz?

Julia
Julia

by BNA » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:12 am

BNA

Postby littleadukibeanweevil » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:12 am

Hi Julia,

I wish I could join you!
I spent 5 months cycling and doing every bushwalk in the South island a few years ago (just after I finished uni).

I did it alone at the tender age of 23 and I free camped along the way. It is very safe to do on your own if you don't find cycling companions...and you will love it!!

I also cycled round the North Island and around Tasmania and the UK alone. I felt very safe cycling down south and it is probably the only place that I would want to cycle alone again.

It is hard finding cycling partners, I want to cycle round Australia in the new year, starting in Canberra or Sydney, stopping along the way for Wwoofing, visiting friends, diving and bushwalking.....then I plan to do the same in Asia...So I too am seeking cycling companions....

Lets keep eachother in mind for the future,
Good luck with finding someone for the South island...but don't worry if you don't :)

Rachel
littleadukibeanweevil

Return to Touring Australia